Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where Are You Off To On Holidays This Year?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

No big holiday this year but will probably go glamping in the summer for a few days somewhere in Ireland. I would rather camp than glamp but It wouldn't be suitable for my 6 month old.

My 3 and a half year old is obsessed with camping but we had a sun holiday in march last year and when it came to the summer I was due the baby so we didn't go anywhere but OH had to set up a tent in the back garden for her :)

I dont know alot about it but next year we are thinking about doing a canal trip around England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Portugal in July and New York in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ruu wrote: »
    Go early and watch the fishermen perform with the fish. :o

eh?

(don't worry... I know what you mean :) I was there!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

No plans. There's talk of a mate's birthday in the Caribbean in November, so I might save my time off and money for that. I'm starting to feel the need for heat but the only place to get some this time of year is the Canaries and I'm not a mad fan of there. Thinking of a long weekend in Amsterdam at some point, and maybe a few days travelling around Ireland, do some camping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Planning Ayia Napa with my cousin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Costa del Sol in April. I've never actually been to Spain and it was a gift from Mr. Tration, so I'm delighted :)

One sister is going to Vietnam, another two are going to Spain and the folks are going to Italy, Spain and maybe France again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I've been to paradise but I have never been to me.

Might go there this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Girly holiday in May in Portugal before having a baby in July.
    A good few weekends visiting friends, or nights in fancy hotels, around Ireland between now and then, and some nice family weekends in Connemara after the babba comes.
    Might try to convince the hubby to bring me to Spain before the baby too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Menas wrote: »
    I've been to paradise but I have never been to me.

Might go there this year.

Nicer there in autumn so they say. Just watch reruns of Murder, She Wrote and it will be like you are there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

We'll have a new baby so won't go far. But we will go to the Alps to my sister-in-law's chalet for a week or two in August which will be lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Greek Islands in June, Ibiza for the closing parties in November.

2017 is the year for Kilimanjaro I've decided!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Planning for no holiday this year, have a deposit paid for my 2017 holiday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Antigua to start.. first holiday in about 5 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

northgirl wrote: »
    Antigua to start.. first holiday in about 5 years :)

The Caribbean is a must visit place for me! maybe 2018 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Haven't been out of the country on holiday since 2011 so hope to make up for it this year! Rome for a weekend in February and Edinburgh for Paddy's weekend. I've never been on a proper sun holiday so hoping to go somewhere hot and beachy in August or September. Other than that, we'll see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Norway
    Spain (Camino)
    and anywhere I can get a cheap flight to.

I'd like to go somewhere within Ireland too for a few days. Many parts of the country I haven't been in (or been to in years).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My last away time was way back in the 80s... Took the car to France and gites and small hotels across from Brittany through the Loire Valley to stay with friends in Strasbourg. If i had chance and money would opt for that. Big hotels would bore me silly and I am tied now with my rescues. That is fine! I think! But oh for some sun and calm weather..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hawaii and Orlando

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭PC Lackey

Waiting for the religion of peace to commit whatever air/tourism targeted atrocity it has planned first.

Will make plans thereafter.

Think they chose Spain this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Cruise to Norewegian fjords in May and Med cruise in September. Didn't have any holidays last year so can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No big trips this year - will probably just end up coming back to Ireland a couple of times after the baby arrives, and might try and get a few days away somewhere in the UK as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Have you ever been there? I've never met anyone who's been to Sri Lanka. It's the Leitrim of the subcontinent isn't it?

I mate went there on honeymoon years ago (before the civil war broke out in 2009) and couldn't stop talking about it for years after. Claimed to be the best country he ever visited. He's not well travelled though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

Benalmádena

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

We're hoping to buy a house this year so if we do it'll be a few days in West Cork or Connemara.

If we don't we're thinking of Italy or Ibiza. The quiet part of Ibiza cos our two year old is too young for glow sticks!

Some of my favourite holidays have been staycations. There's a lot to be said for loading up the car, driving for a few hours only to end up in some of the most beautiful parts of the world. Not having to worry about check in times and luggage weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

We were in Edinburgh for a long weekend 2 weeks ago so we really enjoyed that.

Then last night we booked accommodation in Tenerife for June. Need to watch flights cos they went up this past week or so.

Other than that,
    1. we have our annual group pilgrimage to Donegal Rally and make a long weekend out of that,
    2. have a Gathering for one side of my Father-in-law's family,
    3. another Gathering for one side of my Dad's family,
    4. 2 weddings plus 2 hens & stags and
    5. my husband's annual family Christmas dinner I think is early November (last year there were 25 between his parents, bros, sis's, other halves and the next generation of kiddies.
    Phew I'll need a holiday after all that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

whiskeyman wrote: »
    eh?

(don't worry... I know what you mean :) I was there!)

The tango bit was great, didn't know fish could move that way. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Cavan in March

Australia in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I'm going to Iran in two weeks. We were supposed to be going to Namibia in August but we're buying a gaff as well so just the one warzone this year unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

FTA69 wrote: »
    I'm going to Iran in two weeks. We were supposed to be going to Namibia in August but we're buying a gaff as well so just the one warzone this year unfortunately.

They'd both be the most stable countries in their respective regions, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

They'd both be the most stable countries in their respective regions, no?

Errah yeah mate they'd be absolutely grand and great places to visit, they're just a tad unusual and a lot of people mistakenly think they're absolute chaos without knowing too much about the gaffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Stoned Since 2011

I have booked three nights in Waterford, my sisters like the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've booked a week in Iceland for July. I'm not a fan of warm places so Iceland should be perfect. Twilight all night long and Ireland will feel warm when I get back - you don't get that often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

I'm going in April, I'll try leave a few items for you to buy. :)

Out of curiosity, where are you thinking of staying? We are hoping to go in September and anywhere I have priced is mad money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

wrmwit wrote: »
    We're hoping to buy a house this year so if we do it'll be a few days in West Cork or Connemara.

If we don't we're thinking of Italy or Ibiza. The quiet part of Ibiza cos our two year old is too young for glow sticks!

Some of my favourite holidays have been staycations. There's a lot to be said for loading up the car, driving for a few hours only to end up in some of the most beautiful parts of the world. Not having to worry about check in times and luggage weight.

Ireland is the best place for holidays, every time.

Can´t wait to come home for a few weeks in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Taking the motorbike to North Africa for 3 weeks this summer then stopping off for a week in the south of France on the way back. Wouldn't holiday in Ireland if you paid me.

Superhorse wrote: »
    Taking the motorbike to North Africa for 3 weeks this summer then stopping off for a week in the south of France on the way back. Wouldn't holiday in Ireland if you paid me.

Is your bike lhd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

South Korea for 2 wks in March
    Reykjavik in june for 4 days
    Havana in oct/nov for 10 days, but not booked yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Waco Texas.....don't ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Heading to Austin/Dallas/San Antonio next tues for 10 days, looking at Bali for June, Madrid in August, busy year ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Out of curiosity, where are you thinking of staying? We are hoping to go in September and anywhere I have priced is mad money.
    Every time I have been we have stayed out in Queens, along queens Blvd. the 7 train runs along it. Much cheaper than Manhattan and only 15-20 min to grand central or Times Square, easy to connect to everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

mark_jmc wrote: »
    Heading to Austin/Dallas/San Antonio next tues for 10 days, looking at Bali for June, Madrid in August, busy year ahead!

Quick tip. If you want to visit the book depository JFK , pre book it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Hamburg for a few days to visit a friend-when depends on his circumstances. Marinaleda in Andalusia, Spain probably in August.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I might sneak off to Nepal for a hike in September, if funds allow.

Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭JackieBauer

Portugal and Cologne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

so far I know for definite that I'll be heading to

Milan
    Budapest
    Cork
    Milan again

I'm not sure what my summer plans are yet. Am thinking of spending June and July in Australia, or failing that Thailand with some friends. Have absolutely zero interest in visiting Thailand but I have cabin fever as of late so I don't want to be a sitting duck this summer :pac: . Invariably I'll be spending the month of August in Russia.

Advertisement