Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Square Footage calculate

Options
  • 27-01-2016 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Im just wondering how do u calculate the sq footage of a house (as there is no set rules on this). I assume its the area within the external wall perimeter (internal face) of the house. The area includes all spaces taken up by internal walls etc.
    Can anyone verify if this correct.

Also i assume if for example: if a 2 storey house ground floor area is 10m x 12m (120msq), upstairs is also 120msq. So house is 240msq in total. Is there any exclusions for where there is no floor upstairs i.e. stairs, entrance hall balcony

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The floor area is measured by measuring the area within the the external walls. So no allowance is made for stairs opes etc

This is the way it's always been done, for the older floor area certificates, for planning purposes and also for Fire Safety Ceritificate purposes.

Those are the set rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tommy100

I thought so, thanks for your comment

Advertisement