Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescope + Raspberry Pi + Stellarium = iTelescope

Options
  • 28-01-2016 5:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

I found this video interesting by using the Raspberry pi with Stellarium for astronomy. Great little project for anyone that's interested and that has a Raspberry pi board.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Wow, that's amazing. This just went to the top of my to do list. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Telescope and the Pi bit is easy, its installing the servos to move it with any accuracy that would be the hard part, or does that model of Sky Watcher come ith them already installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

I've got something similar already set up.

I've a C6N 6" f/5 Newt on a Celestron AVX mount, and using a Samsung SCB-4000 camera in the focuser. Connected via serial cable to the handset I have a SkySafari Skyfi box, and I'm using SkySafari Pro 4 on an Amazon Fire 7 tablet.

Tap on target on tablet, watch scope slew to object, watch object appear on the screen. I can see galaxies down to 15th mag at least with the 10sec exposures available to me pretty much in real time, and I can actually go quasar hunting with this setup. It's pretty nifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

I've got something similar already set up.

I've a C6N 6" f/5 Newt on a Celestron AVX mount, and using a Samsung SCB-4000 camera in the focuser. Connected via serial cable to the handset I have a SkySafari Skyfi box, and I'm using SkySafari Pro 4 on an Amazon Fire 7 tablet.

Tap on target on tablet, watch scope slew to object, watch object appear on the screen. I can see galaxies down to 15th mag at least with the 10sec exposures available to me pretty much in real time, and I can actually go quasar hunting with this setup. It's pretty nifty.

Advertisement