Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick trunaround in Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson

Options
  • 28-01-2016 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Looking at flights to Orlando through ATL in June.
    Flights out look fine as the layover is 4 hours.
    However, the flights back in show a turnaround of 1hr 4mins.

Is this actually doable?

If it is not, it is curious why to booking site shows it as an option (skyscanner)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Looking at flights to Orlando through ATL in June.
    Flights out look fine as the layover is 4 hours.
    However, the flights back in show a turnaround of 1hr 4mins.

Is this actually doable?

If it is not, it is curious why to booking site shows it as an option (skyscanner)

I did a 40 minute turnaround there before, stressful but made it. My worry would be if your first flight was late getting in, you'd be stuck in the airport till the following night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I have done a 45 minute connection in ATL. It's a very efficient airport however, June can be prone to thunderstorms and while you might make it, your bags might not.

I'd be looking at an earlier flight into ATL.

ps: book directly with Airline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Tight but have done it before. The train is fast and hopefully you won't be too far from your departure gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks for all of the replies.
    Don't think that I am going to risk it.
    I would if I was travelling alone, but this is the family holiday and I don't want to put a big dampener on the homeward leg through missing the connection or the hassle of luggage being late

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I use Atlanta airport quite a lot, it's huge but its really easy to get around even between terminals.
    You can't be sure that your first leg won't be delayed so an hour could easily turn into a thirty minute transfer which I wouldn't wish on anyone.
    On my own it would be tight, dragging a family, impossible....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I use Atlanta airport quite a lot, it's huge but its really easy to get around even between terminals.
    You can't be sure that your first leg won't be delayed so an hour could easily turn into a thirty minute transfer which I wouldn't wish on anyone.
    On my own it would be tight, dragging a family, impossible....

Advertisement