Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending Eir contract early?

Options
  • 28-01-2016 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Hi, my parents received a letter a few days ago about the price increase that you are bringing in. The letter says that they can end the contract early without penalty. (Contract actually ends in March)

They are planning on switching to Sky so do they have to let Eir know about leaving early or can they go ahead and sign up with Sky without penalty?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Hi, my parents received a letter a few days ago about the price increase that you are bringing in. The letter says that they can end the contract early without penalty. (Contract actually ends in March)

They are planning on switching to Sky so do they have to let Eir know about leaving early or can they go ahead and sign up with Sky without penalty?
    Hi Boxfresh

Yes, prior notification is still required in this event - please advise your parents to contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SandyRamp

Be careful, I just posted about something related to this- an elderly relative of mine cancelled prior to switching and they ceased her phone line , for which she now has to pay either a reconnection few or for the installation of an entire new line, and is currently waiting to see if she can get her old number back.
    Personally I have switched without cancelling first and did not get penalised and I did not lose service in the switchover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

SandyRamp wrote: »
    Be careful, I just posted about something related to this- an elderly relative of mine cancelled prior to switching and they ceased her phone line , for which she now has to pay either a reconnection few or for the installation of an entire new line, and is currently waiting to see if she can get her old number back.
    Personally I have switched without cancelling first and did not get penalised and I did not lose service in the switchover.

Thanks SandyRamp, it's things like that I'm worried about. I'll give then a call this evening to confirm.

Did you switch recently after you got the price increase letter?

Thanks SandyRamp, it's things like that I'm worried about. I'll give then a call this evening to confirm.

I actually switched before I received the letter. I moved to Sky broadband , they got in touch with eircom for me and dealt with the cancellation. All went very smoothly , I highly recommend them.

I actually switched before I received the letter. I moved to Sky broadband , they got in touch with eircom for me and dealt with the cancellation. All went very smoothly , I highly recommend them.

• Advertisement

SandyRamp wrote: »

Be careful,  I just posted about something related to this- an elderly relative of mine cancelled prior to switching and they ceased her phone line , for which she now has to pay either a reconnection few or for the installation of an entire new line, and is currently waiting to see if she can get her old number back.
    Hi SandyRamp/boxfresh

In the interest of clarity I must insist that to avaoid any cancellation charges a call to cancellations is required. Sandyramp - I understand your family member found that to be the opposite and I am more than happy to help but in this event of the cancellation letter I highly advise call cancellations.

Thank you

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Just a little update.

I have just been on the phone to cancellations and I have told them that we are switching.

Until next time, Eir. Goodbye!

Just a little update.

I have just been on the phone to cancellations and I have told them that we are switching.

Until next time, Eir. Goodbye!
    Wishing you the very best for the future Boxfresh

Al

Advertisement