Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really unhappy with eir's treatment of elderly family member

Options
  • 28-01-2016 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

An elderly family member of mine has recently been widowed. As a result she has taken a substantial hit to her household income and wanted to reduce her outgoings. Her phone bills (no broadband ) were a ridiculous amount each month, so we advised her to contact eir, who she has been a customer of for decades, to find out what her options were. We came home that evening to find that when she rang, she was advised to take out a line rental only contract and pay for all calls on top of the line rental (25.50), which would not have saved her a penny given that the phone is her only means of contacting anyone. I told her I would shop around and in the meantime she had a few days to change her mind.
    I found a deal with another company for unlimited landline and some mobile minutes for 31.00 per month so we signed her up.
    Today they contacted me to tell me that Eir had not only cancelled her contract , they had ceased her line. Resultingly she is left with a reconnection bill and the prospect of losing the phone number she has had for over 30 years. I am disgusted at the way she has been treated, having been a loyal customer for so many years. One of eirs own agents told me that they didn't know why it was ceased. Either way, it is a disgraceful way of operating. She's left waiting now to see if she can get her old number back 😡😡

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

SandyRamp wrote: »
    An elderly family member of mine has recently been widowed. As a result she has taken a substantial hit to her household income and wanted to reduce her outgoings. Her phone bills (no broadband ) were a ridiculous amount each month, so we advised her to contact eir, who she has been a customer of for decades, to find out what her options were. We came home that evening to find that when she rang, she was advised to take out a line rental only contract and pay for all calls on top of the line rental (25.50), which would not have saved her a penny given that the phone is her only means of contacting anyone. I told her I would shop around and in the meantime she had a few days to change her mind.
    I found a deal with another company for unlimited landline and some mobile minutes for 31.00 per month so we signed her up.
    Today they contacted me to tell me that Eir had not only cancelled her contract , they had ceased her line. Resultingly she is left with a reconnection bill and the prospect of losing the phone number she has had for over 30 years. I am disgusted at the way she has been treated, having been a loyal customer for so many years. One of eirs own agents told me that they didn't know why it was ceased. Either way, it is a disgraceful way of operating. She's left waiting now to see if she can get her old number back 😡😡
    Hi SandyRamp

I'm really sorry to hear this, could you please PM me your family members cancelled eir account number? I would like to look in to this for her.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

That's disgraceful!!! They all seem to be at it though, my brother signed up to new contract with vodafone, they wouldnt/couldnt sort the problem of constant loss of connection(he's a gamer and needs a good connection) so within the time-frame of change of mind clause he cancelled to go to Eir....Vodafone then refused to sign over the line to Eir!! Best of luck getting this sorted!! They all just don't give a crap anymore! 

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    That's disgraceful!!! They all seem to be at it though, my brother signed up to new contract with vodafone, they wouldnt/couldnt sort the problem of constant loss of connection(he's a gamer and needs a good connection) so within the time-frame of change of mind clause he cancelled to go to Eir....Vodafone then refused to sign over the line to Eir!! Best of luck getting this sorted!! They all just don't give a crap anymore! 
    Sorry to hear of your brothers case MIRMIR82

If he wants to get on to me here I'm happy to help

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SandyRamp

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi SandyRamp

I'm really sorry to hear this, could you please PM me your family members cancelled eir account number? I would like to look in to this for her.

Thanks

Al

PM sent.

SandyRamp wrote: »
    eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi SandyRamp

Thanks

Al

PM sent.
    Thanks SandyRamp

I replied just a moment ago..

AL

• Advertisement
Advertisement