Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digiweb: Fritz!Box VoIP configuration settings

• 28-01-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Because these settings are astonishingly difficult to come by from Digiweb (their "help" page on this simply says "Call us", which isn't really helpful at all), I'm going to post the typical configuration settings you should use on a Fritz!Box to configure VoIP with Digiweb, in the hope that it can be helpful to others:

1. In The Fritz!Box interface, go to Telephony -> Telephone Numbers
    2. Click "New telephone number"
    3. In the 'Telephony provider' dropdown make sure 'Other provider' is selected
    4. In both 'Telephone number for registration' and 'Internal Telephone Number in the Fritz!Box' enter your full telephone number (e.g. 012345678)
    5. For 'User name' also enter your full telephone number (e.g. 012345678)
    6. For 'Password' use the password you should have gotten (or will need to get) from Digiweb. This is probably a 6 digit password (e.g. 123456)
    7. For 'Registrar' enter: sip.digiweb.ie
    8. Leave 'Proxy server' blank
    9. Change 'DTMF transmission' to 'RTP or in-band'
    10. (If Advanced view mode is enabled) make sure 'Always register via an Internet connection' is checked
    11. Uncheck 'Insert area code for outgoing calls'

Click Next and run the test. If Digiweb properly configured your account, it should work. If you get error 403 (or 406), it most likely means that Digiweb forgot to activate your VoIP account, and you'll have to ask them to do so.

Oh and because I also ran into this issue, if you are using next generation DSL, and you can't seem to connect when configuring Internet (Fritz!Box reports 'PPPoE timeout error' or something else), make sure that under Internet -> Account Information -> Internet Connection tab you click 'Change connection settings', to display the advanced settings and in 'DSL ATM Settings', you set your VPI/VCI to 8/35. Finally, unlike what is described in the Digiweb documentation, do NOT set VLAN-ID at all, as it will prevent access.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

Did you ever managed to get the VoIP password from DigiWeb?
    They won’t give it to me... unbelievable... I have my own router but I have to use they router behind a switch just for the VoIP !

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

I'm trying to do this at the moment, don't really know what I'm doing, I bought a voip phone (Gigaset n300ip) but I think it's the wrong type of phone
    Digiweb installed my Siro and like above I was told no problem it will go where you want it and then got told sorry Digiweb don't pay us to go around your house, after much chat I said I was ringing Digiweb to complain and they should just leave, it turned out I had a cable running through my house from where they wanted it to go to where my router was, all got done in the end nice guys really,
    It turns out if you want Voip from Digiweb the Fritzbox they give you has to use a lan port to give you Siro this means you end up with 3 free ports instead of four I am awaiting a swith box to increase the ports
    I was told yeah sure any voip phone will do you, so I ordered what I thought was a half desent phone only to have a shock when I read the instructsions saying connect to fixed line, I no longer have a fixed phone line, so I don't think it will work, maybe I'm wrong but I can't get it to do anything
    as always any help greatly appreciated
    Regards stay safe
    D

Advertisement