Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Excel (OpenOffice Calc) code query

Options
  • 28-01-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I'm using the below formula:

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("F";J2680));(VLOOKUP(J2680;$Foreign.$A$1:$O$67423;15;0));(VLOOKUP(J2680;$Purchases.$A$1:$O$67423;15;0)))

but I need to add this to it somehow:

=IF(J2680="";"0";

but I can't figure out the order I need to put it in.

Basically the code is looking up two separate sheets for the entry I put into J2680, one sheet I'm listing items with F at the beginning, the other just numbers.

The code does return the correct entries when the cell is populated, but if the other cells for more entries beside it are left blank, they return an N/A and make the calculation turn out to be N/A too.

2Rv8lqR.jpg

The image shows the code being used in the Green boxes, the previous code, which I had when I just needed to look up one sheet is this:

=IF(N2681="";"0";(VLOOKUP(N2681;$Purchases.$A$1:$O$67434;15;FALSE())))

and is in all the other red boxes and returns the correct 0 fill.

So I just need a way to add the same request to add the 0 fill to the new code :o

Sounds complicated and I've had no luck, but hopefully easy for any experts out there :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

bump :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't use Open Office, But in Excel there's "nested if statements," it might be what you are looking for.

My reading of your formula, might be something like this:

=IF(J2680="";"0";IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("F";J2680));(VLOOKUP(J2680;$Foreign.$A$1:$O$67423;15;0));(VLOOKUP(J2680;$Purchases.$A$1:$O$67423;15;0))))

Thanks a lot for the input, that's actually appeared to have done something and no errors finally, I'm not too up to speed with Calc (or excel) so I'm not sure what's happened here, but when I pasted the above code into the next red cell in the row beside €15.85, the red cell became white and also populated with €15.85 and changed the total on the left to €31.70.

So it appear to at least give the correct total, but I don't think it's returning the 0 to the cell, but maybe it's reading from the wrong cell?

Oh wait, I'm not sure how I copied and pasted it earlier, but I just tried again and I think it might be working perfect now!! :D

Ah I think I know what I did, I pasted the code you typed above into K2680 and it seemed to work fine for the code put into J, but then I pasted it into M2680 and it was reading from J instead of L, but that's because I pasted from your post, and didn't copy the code once I had pasted it into K. Now if I copy from K and paste it into M, it changes J to L automatically and I think it's working perfect now!

Thanks so much, that's really appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement