Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March half marathon?

Options
  • 28-01-2016 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hoping to do a half marathon a month before Marathon. Anyone know of a race around the beginning of March, ideally 5th or 6th?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Meath Spring half on March 13, registration is on eventbrite I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

niallo32 wrote: »

Definitely a PB course.

I think may people secured their 12.9x mile PB there over the last few years :).

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Definitely a PB course.

I think may people secured their 12.9x mile PB there over the last few years :).

hmmm dare I ask?;) I was hoping to use a half to judge my planned pace for marathon . Looks like a beast of a climb on first 5km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Kinvara Half on the 5th of March, few of us doing Rotterdam are doing it as our tune up half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

shane1981 wrote: »
    hmmm dare I ask?;) I was hoping to use a half to judge my planned pace for marathon . Looks like a beast of a climb on first 5km.

Honestly I have never ran it but I have heard from several runners that it's consistently short. The results/times would support this.

Bohermeen is a good race - nice enough two lapped course, good club atmosphere. Not flat but a very fair course. The one big downside is some of the traffic on the roads.

Kinvara and Mullingar (never ran it) also gets good reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

tang1 wrote: »
    Kinvara Half on the 5th of March, few of us doing Rotterdam are doing it as our tune up half.

Whats the Kinvarra half marathon like, I'm thinking about this one and it will also be my first. Is it hilly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

hondavfr wrote: »
    Whats the Kinvarra half marathon like, I'm thinking about this one and it will also be my first. Is it hilly?

It'll be my first time to I'm afraid so my knowledge is limited, believe there's a decent climb between 7&8 miles. Suppose to be well organised and sells out nearly every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Definitely a PB course.

Excellent looking forward to it so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Mullingar Half Marathon is on 17th March
    http://www.mullingarhalfmarathon.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭aceygray

There's one in Balbriggan on St Patrick's day as well:

http://www.balbriggan.info/balbriggan-cancer-support-group-10khalf-marathon/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Tralee is on 12th March.

http://www.traleemarathon.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Forgot about St Patricks Day! Think I ll go for Mullingar. Enjoyed it last year, flattest course I know of too.

Advertisement