Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband

Options
  • 28-01-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

hi, can anyone comment on the quality of the sky BB around Galway city, am currently with UPC/Virgin but find there service getting increasingly worse lately and am thinking of changing,
    I believe sky use Eircom ??? and this is absolutely pant in my parents not so rural house in Mayo.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

When we moved last year I looked at both. I would have liked Sky due to their superior TV, but their broadband was light years behind UPC. We're a 10 walk from the city centre and the best BB speed Sky could offer was 9MB, yes 9. We went with UPC and never get less than 90. Sky were using the Eircom infrastructure at the time and still are as far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My parents have Sky out in Oranmore and it's 100MB, no issues and connection is always solid and reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sky and Vodafone use Eir infrastructure, Virgin Media have their own system.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Notch000 wrote: »
    hi, can anyone comment on the quality of the sky BB around Galway city, am currently with UPC/Virgin but find there service getting increasingly worse lately and am thinking of changing,
    I believe sky use Eircom ??? and this is absolutely pant in my parents not so rural house in Mayo.
    Thanks

Check here to see if Fibre is available at your address if it is you'll get up to 100MB off Sky, if not you'll get either up to 24MB or up to 8MB depending on line quality. I'd recommend them over Virgin any day as really the difference in 100Mb vs 360Mb isn't that noticeable for most usage except heavy downloading, and their Customer Service is Dublin based and very good if you have problem

https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/

Advertisement