Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about Receiver sale?

Options
  • 28-01-2016 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Can you complain about a receiver sale or call an inquiry into what they are doing?

I am trying to buy a property and every time I think I have everything sorted they throw up another issue to say they can't accept the bid. Now out of nowhere someone else has shown up and they are accepting a bid lower than my own.

Is there any government body or banking body that investigates these people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Can you complain about a receiver sale or call an inquiry into what they are doing?

I am trying to buy a property and every time I think I have everything sorted they throw up another issue to say they can't accept the bid. Now out of nowhere someone else has shown up and they are accepting a bid lower than my own.

Is there any government body or banking body that investigates these people?

The property could just have been put on the open market for price disclosure. You might never had had the opportunity to buy it. Happened to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Recivers are pretty much a law unto themselves. Any act they do which is illegal falls back on the owner of the property. (With some exceptions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Are the receiver not put in place by the courts? can you not go back to the courts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

There are circumstances in which you can, whether you'd have locus standi as a potential purchaser isn't something I can answer. Also you'd be looking at an extremely costly legal battle if you could.

Incidently the reciever is not always court appointed, they may be appointed on foot of the debencher (mortgage). It's an extrememly archic area of law.

(sorry for spelling)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Are the receiver not put in place by the courts? can you not go back to the courts

Only some receivers of companies are appointed by courts. Others are appointed under a debenture or a mortgage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement