Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New LC in 2017 and minimum CAO points.

Options
  • 28-01-2016 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So as most of you probably know, the new leaving cert points system is coming through in 2017, and thats when I'll be doing my LC.

I'm going to be the first year that will be graded under the new system and to be honest I don't know what to think about it. I've compared the current points chart to the new one several times, and with the new method you can see that someone can get lower points than what they normally would but just as likely, someone can get higher points than what they normally would.

This gets me wondering because the course i'm looking at right now had a minimum CAO point entry of 375, but thats with the current LC, and im unsure if the minimum points would more likely go up or down now with the diffrent CAO points grading, what do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hezip wrote: »
    So as most of you probably know, the new leaving cert points system is coming through in 2017, and thats when I'll be doing my LC.

I'm going to be the first year that will be graded under the new system and to be honest I don't know what to think about it. I've compared the current points chart to the new one several times, and with the new method you can see that someone can get lower points than what they normally would but just as likely, someone can get higher points than what they normally would.

This gets me wondering because the course i'm looking at right now had a minimum CAO point entry of 375, but thats with the current LC, and im unsure if the minimum points would more likely go up or down now with the diffrent CAO points grading, what do you guys think?

Nobody knows what the points will be this year for any course under the current points system and they sure as hell won't know what they'll be next year. No point worrying about it, everyone will be in the same boat.

Advertisement