Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to prune roses in this weird weather

Options
  • 28-01-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

We have a rose that has not stopped flowering all year. I don't really want to prune it while it's flowering, but when am I supposed to do it? This weather is causing all sorts of weird behaviour in the garden. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

seagull wrote: »
    We have a rose that has not stopped flowering all year. I don't really want to prune it while it's flowering, but when am I supposed to do it? This weather is causing all sorts of weird behaviour in the garden. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.

Best to prune them. Cut them back to and outward facing bud. Take all leaves off too. Mine where the same, but leaving them slowly growing away all winter can cause them to use up to much energy reducing flowering when they should be flowering. Also it can increase the risk of disease leaving the leafs/weak buds on them.

Advertisement