Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coding

Options
  • 28-01-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, I would really like to learn how to code, I don't think I live anywhere near Any coderdojos. Is there any facilities In the county of Offaly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Try hourofcode.com

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ThrowinShapes

Though not local as such, I've found Code School to be pretty good.They have some free courses to try - https://www.codeschool.com/free

There's also Code Academy, which is free - https://www.codecademy.com/

It's worth noting that the majority of these are aimed towards web development rather than straight up mobile apps, though there are a few courses in there aimed at iOS and Android.
    That being said, it's entirely possible to create mobile apps by learning web development languages (HTML, CSS and JavaScript).

Hope that helps a bit. Also, keep posting and asking questions! It's a great way to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 notprivy

Hi

At the moment I'm a beginner in code academy. Learning the basics of HTML and CSS.

Is HTML the best way to start? or what's the difference with Java script and other options?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

notprivy wrote: »
    Hi

At the moment I'm a beginner in code academy. Learning the basics of HTML and CSS.

Is HTML the best way to start? or what's the difference with Java script and other options?

Thanks

HTML is basically your view, what the end user sees, JavaScript is what makes a website dynamic so it allows you to react to events or inputs and change/manipulate things in the view (HTML). That's it described at a very basic level, you would normally learn HTML for the structure of a website, then CSS for styling it and JavaScript to make it dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 notprivy

HTML is basically your view, what the end user sees, JavaScript is what makes a website dynamic so it allows you to react to events or inputs and change/manipulate things in the view (HTML). That's it described at a very basic level, you would normally learn HTML for the structure of a website, then CSS for styling it and JavaScript to make it dynamic.

Good to know. So HTML is the best way to begin I suppose.

Thanks for this info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement