Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter kit for giving up smoking.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Patww79 wrote: »

The only way to fill a Nautilus is from the bottom of the tank,so it needs to be unscrewed from the battery everytime you need a fill & every fill you should clean out any juice or condensation from the chimney by blowing hard when the base is off & hold a tissue at the drip tip end(remove drip tip first) after blowing,screw some tissue into drip tip hole to soak up any fluid in there,this will stop any gurgling.
    The battery should have stainless steel threads,if it is the isstick 30w or 40w,it was the 20w istick that had bad threads,they improved them after that.
    Do not over-tighten the Nautilus on the battery,just a gentle screwing down til it stops,if the display is showing the ohms of the coil after a quick press of the fire button,then it is connected.

SS threads will not get damaged...

Juxtapose wrote: »
    Quick question if anyone can answer.

I have a nautilus mini tank and i lost the rubber bit that sits in place to screw it on. Is there any website that sells these rubber stoppers as my tank is otherwise useless!

Cheers :)

Did your Nautilus come with spare O-Rings,I can't remember if they did or not,been a long time since I bought a Nautilus,I'll have a look when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭ForestFire

The only way to fill a Nautilus is from the bottom of the tank,so it needs to be unscrewed from the battery everytime you need a fill & every fill you should clean out any juice or condensation from the chimney by blowing hard when the base is off & hold a tissue at the drip tip end(remove drip tip first) after blowing,screw some tissue into drip tip hole to soak up any fluid in there,this will stop any gurgling.
    The battery should have stainless steel threads,if it is the isstick 30w or 40w,it was the 20w istick that had bad threads,they improved them after that.
    Do not over-tighten the Nautilus on the battery,just a gentle screwing down til it stops,if the display is showing the ohms of the coil after a quick press of the fire button,then it is connected.

SS threads will not get damaged...

What About getting one on these:- ELEAF ISTICK BENDING ADAPTOR
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/640-eleaf-bending-adaptor-for-istick-tc40w.html

Will this help protect the screw on the Mod itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Did your Nautilus come with spare O-Rings,I can't remember if they did or not,been a long time since I bought a Nautilus,I'll have a look when I get home.

Nope, just checked the box and theres no spare O-Rings (thanks, i wasn't sure what to call them!)

• Advertisement

ForestFire wrote: »
    What About getting one on these:- ELEAF ISTICK BENDING ADAPTOR
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/640-eleaf-bending-adaptor-for-istick-tc40w.html

Will this help protect the screw on the Mod itself?

They do protect the istick threads,but you shouldn't have any probs with a istick 40w,they have SS threads & they are tough,for peace of mind,it will save your threads & also makes the mod & Nautilus smaller when you bend it over.

Nope, just checked the box and theres no spare O-Rings (thanks, i wasn't sure what to call them!)

Ok Jux,I'll have a look in my spares when I get home,maybe somebody else will chime in here with advice until I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

I have a nautilus mini tank and i lost the rubber bit that sits in place to screw it on. Is there any website that sells these rubber stoppers as my tank is otherwise useless!

Is it the base that you mean? If so I got some for the full size nautilus a good whole back from China. (Aliexpress). All worked well but be prepared for a wait 5-6 weeks which isn't ideal if you're stuck!

Just a quick question,is it the white thick O-Ring on the base or is it the O-Ring at the top where it screws directly onto the glass tank

It's the white thick O ring on the base. Maybe if i try an elastic band or whatnot it may work?

I have a normal nautlius that works fine so i'm not stuck at the mo. Checked most online shops and only the aspire website sell them it seems, which is postage from usa i imagine!

Anyone any experience of using elastic bands as O-Rings?

• Advertisement

Just checked Bestshop and they are selling Kanger O-Rings, i presume at least one of them will work with it as they give a pack of 15!

Cheers for your help youdipstick (felt harsh writing your username ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I wouldn't really call that thing on the nautilus an O-ring, and those kanger ones won't work. Your best bet would be to order a replacement base for it. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012191/2069706-replacement-base-for-nautilus-bdc-tank-atomizers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Don't use a rubber band either, it will leech into your juice and ruin the flavour.

Thanks for your replies guys.

I sent an email to Bestshop in the hope they might have some spares!
    Their customer service is usually top notch so fingers crossed.

Just a quick update that they don't stock O-ring parts for nautilus, nor do any other shops.

So guess its either order from Aspire directly or just get a new one and swap the o-rings around!

Just a quick update that they don't stock O-ring parts for nautilus, nor do any other shops.

So guess its either order from Aspire directly or just get a new one and swap the o-rings around!

Buying another one seems to be the only answer,the old one can be used for spares because those glass tanks will break if dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

You can get nautilus sealing rings from fasttech.

$1.54 for a pack of 5 with free shipping. Will take at least 3 weeks though.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10012359/2246204

8mm wrote: »
    You can get nautilus sealing rings from fasttech.

$1.54 for a pack of 5 with free shipping. Will take at least 3 weeks though.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10012359/2246204

Much appreciated.
    My other nautilus could do with some new funky blue rubbers too!

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Much appreciated.
    My other nautilus could do with some new funky blue rubbers too!

Cheers.

They won't fit the mini, they're for the larger 5ml nautilus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭Cordell

You might try to take it apart, clean and reassemble it, but liquid in the tip doesn't necessarily mean that it leaks, nor it can be completely avoided. Sometimes it's just liquid sipping through the coil wick material. Some coils will leak more than others, some liquids are more fluid than others, etc.

There is one at the top where that knurling piece screws onto the glass but that wouldn't cause your problem.
    All the other O-Rings are on the coil itself,I would say that your coil needs changing if juice is reaching your mouth,some coils last days & others last weeks,just change your Vendor for a few months,could be a bad batch.

Sorry Pat,not exactly know what you mean.A bad coil can still show an ohms reading,when a coil decides to leak & travels up the chimney then it's time to change your coil.
    One thing you could try,take the tank off the mod,remove drip tip,hold a piece of tissue over the air hole loosely,don't block the air hole,lean backwards & blow hard a few times into the drip tip hole & juice will blow out of the airhole & onto your tissue,try that & see if it will clear the coil,if not,just change the coil.

Advertisement