Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2016 - Dublin Mid-West

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

That is the mentality that has seen two Healy Raes elected in Kerry, Lowry in Tipperary and a mish mash of communists and single issue candidates elected today .

National infrastructure, housing and public services enhanced through a nationally coordinated plan is what's needed and we we will get none of that due to the incoherent mess that will govern the country shortly.

Lucan needs a hell of a lot more than a swimming pool.

I didn't vote on local issues, if you read through the posts I always backed national issues.

Ps the raes got in because the government has failed rural Ireland.

Lucan is not that bad off in fairness, it has a lot, thank god

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/constituencies/dublin-mid-west/
    The second count has been completed in Dublin Mid West, where the surplus of SF's Eoin Ó Broin was distributed.

No candidate was elected but AAA-PBP candidate Gino Kenny increased his vote by 628 and now has 5,257.

Former FF TD John Curran is also polling strongly on 7,054 - he received 83 transfer votes.
    After 3rd count Curran now on 7109 and Kenny on 5270

Interesting transfers
    000bdd0f-570.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

fair play for posting the dexys video. its a great song. dont know bugger all about gino but guess hes clondalkin based. surprised gogarty didnt do better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,884 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I can't believe he's doing so well, it's like there's been a breakout of collective amnesia.

Completely screw over the country, and the electorate will forgive you five years later.

I despair...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Completely screw over the country, and the electorate will forgive you five years later.

I despair...

I don't think it's the country forgives you, it's either your left or right.

Personally I would Like fg and ff to say to no and let the left form it and see how long it last.

It be the best move fg and ff could make.
    Personally I don't think there is one good party out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,884 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I don't think it's the country forgives you, it's either your left or right.

So which are FF, left or right? Do they know themselves?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

So which are FF, left or right? Do they know themselves?
    Whatever you're having yourself :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Whatever you're having yourself :pac:
    +1
    They are populist.
    They pamper to what people say they want.

+1
    They are populist.
    They pamper to what people say they want.

Ff are right as would fg. Lab don't know what they are, rest are left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

All things considered, the Social Democrats candidate did extremely well, finishing in 5th ahead of three people who have been TDs and councillors in the areas for a long time - Gogarty, Tuffy and Keating.
    Shows there's quite an appetite for the party in the area.

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    All things considered, the Social Democrats candidate did extremely well, finishing in 5th ahead of three people who have been TDs and councillors in the areas for a long time - Gogarty, Tuffy and Keating.
    Shows there's quite an appetite for the party in the area.

She did well, I gave her one of my lower votes, would like to.see her build on her lucan profile now.

Advertisement