Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Screen after uninstalling drivers.

Options
  • 29-01-2016 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭

So I just bought a new Gpu (R9 390) and I'm having little trouble.

I popped out my old Gpu and put in the new one. Turned on my PC and everything thing is good. The new Gpu is working and Windows has detected and installed it and asks me to restart. I restart and it's all running fine.

Now here's were the issue begins. I begin to uninstall my old Gpu drivers Through the Catalyst install manager. It get about 50% through and then black screen.

I restarted but evertime I boot up I get a black screen after the windows login screen ends.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

Did you uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

quainy wrote: »
    Did you uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones?

I had downloaded the new drivers but hadn't installed them. I was in the process of uninstalling the old drivers first when the black screen came.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

If everything is running but just screens black why not hook the screen up to motherboard.

OK so I booted into safe mode and went back to a previous point. At first it seemed like I had uninstalled the old drivers since correctly since Windows was showing there was nothing there.

So I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them. Everything seemed to fine but the screen flickered and went black again. It rebooted itself and then 10secs after my desktop came up it black screened.

Gonna try another role back and maybe just do a fresh install of windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    OK so I booted into safe mode and went back to a previous point. At first it seemed like I had uninstalled the old drivers since correctly since Windows was showing there was nothing there.

So I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them. Everything seemed to fine but the screen flickered and went black again. It rebooted itself and then 10secs after my desktop came up it black screened.

Gonna try another role back and maybe just do a fresh install of windows.

Did you take out the gpu and run from motherboard?

What is your power supply and its connections.

• Advertisement

Seems like i solved it.
    I discounted the Gpu and did a full driver wipe. Put the Gpu back in a installed the newest drivers.

No issue's as of yet.

Seems like i solved it.
    I disconnected the Gpu and did a full driver wipe. Put the Gpu back in a installed the newest drivers.

No issue's as of yet.

Advertisement