Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking Subscription Pop-Ups?

Options
  • 29-01-2016 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

I've noticed an overwhelming increase recently in the amount of subscription pop-ups that appear on websites. I'm not sure what the technical name for them is but it's the messages that pop up asking you to give your email address, usually interrupting you while you're reading by taking up the whole screen and requiring you to 'X' out to clear it - it can happen as soon as you visit the site, while you're scrolling down towards the end of the page or when you go to press the 'Back' button on your browser.

It's incredibly irritating and it seems to be happening much more frequently now. Is there any AdBlock-type extension I can get for Chrome to stop these from popping up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Yeah it drives me nuts too. Can't do any browsing without being constantly interrupted with those. Maybe there's a browser extension or addon that can detect and kill them. Must look into it..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

Download Ad block. It may help a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

owen85 wrote: »
    Download Ad block. It may help a bit

Have AdBlock installed but doesn't stop these type of subscription/mailing list boxes from popping up:

2n8n2f4.png

Anyone know if there's a way to block these?

Advertisement