Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual assaults in Tallaght

Options
  • 29-01-2016 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Independent reporting this morning of a second sexual assault on two young sisters at 5.30pm in Springfield last Monday by a group of six men. A 14 year old girl was attacked at 4pm on the same day. It does not say whether they were linked and no description has been released of the attackers. Police studying cctv. Hopefully the b***Ards will be caught and proper sentences will be handed down by our bleeding heart judiciary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gardai are saying separate incidents not linked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Group of men groping girls....where have we heard that before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Gatling wrote: »
    Gardai are saying separate incidents not linked
    I'm sorry but my first thought was migrant gangs. Where are they from? Are they linked by ethnicity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I'm sorry but my first thought was migrant gangs. Where are they from? Are they linked by ethnicity?

That's a terrible thing to say, but I have to admit, I thought the same. If it does turn out to be true, Tallaght is a place where this will not be permitted. I live there and like it, but I could see some serious disorder if it turns out to be true. We would be talking some serious vigilantism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Gardaí are appealing for information but haven't released a description of the gang. That's a red flag right there.

• Advertisement

Gardaí are appealing for information but haven't released a description of the gang. That's a red flag right there.
    So the guards are so afraid of being labelled racist they leave out extremely important information, jeopardising the chances of these people being caught? I hope this is not true. I really hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

It is strange 5 days after this happened that no description has been released. The two incidents happened at busy times, 4.00 (schools finishing) and 5.30 (people returning from work). Surely some description should be given while people's memories are fresh. If it is attacks similar to what happened in cologne and I stress "if" this could have serious repurcussions for the government, election and all that. Could they have told the gardai not to release the full story?

It's all speculation on my part I admit but something just doesn't add up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I live in the area there's been very little if any information from the gardai ,
    You do get a large mix of teenagers passing through and hanging around the area ,some irish ,some travellers ,Romanians ,Africans and so on .
    I certainly wouldnt be looking for something that isn't there .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

So the guards are so afraid of being labelled racist they leave out extremely important information, jeopardising the chances of these people being caught? I hope this is not true. I really hope so.

PC bull **** gone mad if the police in any country cant describe perpetrators by skin colour or ethinicity.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Do you know anything about this investigation or are you just jumping to conclusions? The Gardaí don't normally share more information than they have to on an ongoing investigation.

If anyone wants to read the article the OP referred to, it's here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I thought they usually gave a description of the suspects and appealed for the public to keep an eye out for them. Often a photofit image too.

miamee wrote:
    Do you know anything about this investigation or are you just jumping to conclusions? The Gardaí don't normally share more information than they have to on an ongoing investigation.
    Usually a description of the suspects is given. Why no description?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from Dublin City to Dublin County South.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

It does sound like a very un-Irish thing to do, if they happen to be foreign there will be hell to pay and hopefully the media will be all over it and not cover up the facts for fear of social unrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

It does sound like a very un-Irish thing to do, if they happen to be foreign there will be hell to pay and hopefully the media will be all over it and not cover up the facts for fear of social unrest.

Not sure if serious. The MSM will do as they are told, if this turns out the be in the same vein as events in Cologne or Rotherham, it will only get into the MSM because the noise on the new media becomes too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Could have being a group of pedo priests going by this logic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

And sure no Irish girl/boy was ever assaulted before the immigrants. :rolleyes:

Whoever it is, is pure scum. Hopefully they're caught and brought to full justice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Dodge wrote: »
    And sure no Irish girl/boy was ever assaulted before the immigrants. :rolleyes:

Whoever it is, is pure scum. Hopefully they're caught and brought to full justice

I personally never heard of "gangs" assaulting any kids , rapists and pedos by their very nature are "loners, when it becomes a gang rape or assault scenario it does not take a genius to work out which group of people with their misogynistic
    ideology would carry out such attacks. The media blackout is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Dodge wrote:
    And sure no Irish girl/boy was ever assaulted before the immigrants.

So basically your saying, we've loads of home grown sickos in the country already so why would we stop other countries sickos from coming here?

Great logic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

But no "hell to pay" if they happen to be local lads?! What they did was disgusting and inexcusable, wherever they are from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 5h4n375

Gatling wrote: »
    I live in the area there's been very little if any information from the gardai ,
    You do get a large mix of teenagers passing through and hanging around the area ,some irish ,some travellers ,Romanians ,Africans and so on .
    I certainly wouldnt be looking for something that isn't there .

I'm curious, how do you know a Romanian when you see one? Do you mean a Roma gypsy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

So basically your saying, we've loads of home grown sickos in the country already so why would we stop other countries sickos from coming here?

Great logic.

It's not anything close to what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

As of lately I have mostly heard of a group of 1000 men groping 100s of women in the middle of a crowd and in front of a powerless police force.

Even though perpetrators are equally shameful in both cases, in fairness the scale of the incident is quite different from the individual assaults reported above which are not a mass coordinated attack perpetrated by people who have obviously no shame to do it in front of the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 5h4n375

Copper Face Jacks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

neris wrote: »
    PC bull **** gone mad if the police in any country cant describe perpetrators by skin colour or ethinicity.
    It's not only "alleged perpetrators", I remember maybe 3-4 years back a girl went missing, her name struck me as quite unusual, sounded possibly African, however there was absolutley no mention of skin colour, I don't think nationality either. It had some description though, like 18 years old, 5 foot 2, slim build, dark hair, last seen with a yellow jacket. Turned out she was black as I expected.

Gardai are questioning a number of youths aged 14 - 17 in connection with first assault. None of them are from the Tallaght area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Gardai are questioning a number of youths aged 14 - 17 in connection with first assault. None of them are from the Tallaght area.

The Indo says they are:
    Sources say none of the youths, who are all juveniles and from the Tallaght area, have been arrested, but they have been spoken to "informally" by the investigation team.

Apologies, mis-read the article. Mistook the word "and", for "are" in the second paragraph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Apologies, mis-read the article. Mistook the word "and", for "are" in the second paragraph.

Yes it's not very clear, is it...
    This is about the first assault though, and not the second. I would still think that we have enough of our own feral youths before I look any further.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

For those saying gang rapes are rare in Ireland, this article was from a few years ago
    Growing numbers of teenagers are being sexually assaulted or gang raped by other teens, a children’s charity has warned.

Cari said it was alarmed by the dramatic rise in reports of attacks by multiple perpetrators in 2012, which more than doubled to 41 from 20 in 2011.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/dramatic-rise-in-number-of-irish-teenagers-reporting-gang-rape-by-peers-608144.html

Advertisement