Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The rain during Leftfield was ridiculous!! I was like a drowned rat at the end of the gig. Luckily my mate lives close enough so I could go home and get changed afterwards. Don't know how people would've headed into town after that.

What's the deal with the different Tiers in the pricing structure? Is it just an early bird thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The rain during Leftfield was ridiculous!! I was like a drowned rat at the end of the gig. Luckily my mate lives close enough so I could go home and get changed afterwards. Don't know how people would've headed into town after that.

What's the deal with the different Tiers in the pricing structure? Is it just an early bird thing?
    Yeah just an early bird thing, like bodynSoul. Strange that you can buy tier3 now, why would anyeon do that.
    I was at Primavera that year, was disappointed to be missing Leftfield, but the weather was A1 over there, and saw some pics of the conditions at FF. Made me feel a bit better about missing Leftfield, Death in Vegas and Holy Fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah just an early bird thing, like bodynSoul. Strange that you can buy tier3 now, why would anyeon do that.
    Yeah that's the thing that was confusing me. Why give the option to pay more for the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bandsintown have Tame Impala on the saturday but i suppose that could change between now and the festival

On their website too, looks like Saturday night so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sheroman01 wrote: »
    On their website too, looks like Saturday night so!

Once they dont have them clash with Flume

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Does anybody have any inkling when day tix are going on sale?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

12799132_1018821261498132_1325131787977617312_n.jpg?oh=12cbad5e7c1c84f122ec477a3d914d1a&oe=575B1AF0

Saturday line up there. They've added Skepta, Freddie Gibbs and Kormac. Looks a bit more like Forbidden Fruit of old with more bands rather than just a focus on dance music. Gonna buy a ticket but unsure whether to get a Saturday or weekend ticket now, most of the acts I would want to see are on the Saturday.. We'll see who else is added.

12799132_1018821261498132_1325131787977617312_n.jpg?oh=12cbad5e7c1c84f122ec477a3d914d1a&oe=575B1AF0

Saturday line up there. They've added Skepta, Freddie Gibbs and Kormac. Looks a bit more like Forbidden Fruit of old with more bands rather than just a focus on dance music. Gonna buy a ticket but unsure whether to get a Saturday or weekend ticket now, most of the acts I would want to see are on the Saturday.. We'll see who else is added.

There doing the 3 nights again 3-5th. So wonder gonna wait to see if ill get a weekend ticket or just saturday. Also means no Flume vs Tame Impala clash :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Would like to see Kiasmos again and Tale of Us, but not sure its worth the €59

• Advertisement

All the good stuff on Saturday, tickets on sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What are the chances that underworld will be on the Friday? Really hope they aren't on the Sunday as i can't go on Sunday.

andreac wrote: »
    What are the chances that underworld will be on the Friday? Really hope they aren't on the Sunday as i can't go on Sunday.
    Odds are 2/1, theyre either Fri or Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Odds are 2/1, theyre either Fri or Sunday

I asked for that really, didn't i? :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they're on the sunday, FF put up the Sunday lineup on facebook the other day.

whoever is playing on Friday must still be to be announced, as everyone announced so far is on either Saturday or Sunday....

eT1KtuV.jpg

Really wanna see Flume again but , pretty much everyone i wanna see is on the saturday. Although if someone good gets announced for Friday ill just buy a weekend ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Dizzie Rascal added as the Friday headliner lol

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

lc180 wrote: »
    Dizzie Rascal added as the Friday headliner lol

April fools day was last week :/

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Dizzee could be great. He was excellent at Sonar a few years ago. He wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but he has a great back catalogue imo.

I'm delighted to see Katy B make an appearance. Love her stuff.

Friday 3rd
    Dizzee Rascal! // Katy B // Young Fathers
    Bodhi // DJ Deece & more to come!

Saturday 4th
    Tame Impala // Jungle // Skepta
    Tale Of Us // Kiasmos // Battles
    Freddie Gibbs // MMOTHS Live // Bondax
    Kormac Live AV // Steve Mason

Sunday 5th
    Underworld // Flume // Groove Armada DJ Set
    Klingande Live // Âme [Innervisions] Live // Tiga Live
    Maya Jane Coles // Jackmaster // George FitzGerald

a Sat and Sun ticket will do me grand, thanks! maybe even just a Saturday ticket, have seen nearly all of Sunday's lot recently and they're hardly unmissable.

• Advertisement

oh, I see The Field has been added to Sunday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Would love to see Flume and Young Fathers again but think I'll be sticking with just my Saturday ticket.

I'd say Dizzee Rascal is actually great fun live but probably not enough to justify spending on a day ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm destined to never see Young Fathers. Them added to the Saturday would have been asking too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vivab13

How quickly did Saturday tickets sell out last year - think that's what I'm going for :)

Dizzee Rascal as a headliner, what the f**k?! That is a complete turn off, definitely won't be getting a weekend ticket now. The new additions are disappointing enough but the Saturday line up is still looking strong so that's what I'll go for. Sundays line up is actually pretty good too but like ghostdancer have seen pretty much all of them in the past year. Went for the full weekend last year and regretted it so I think I will have to just choose one day and stick with it, hoping there will still be a few more acts announced even if they are lower level acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

vivab13 wrote: »
    How quickly did Saturday tickets sell out last year - think that's what I'm going for :)

I doubt they did, I'd imagine there was still some available at the gate. Open to correction though. This year's line-up more likely to sell out the Saturday though and more attractive to those who would tend to buy their tickets early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Dizzee Rascal as a headliner, what the f**k?! That is a complete turn off, definitely won't be getting a weekend ticket now. The new additions are disappointing enough but the Saturday line up is still looking strong so that's what I'll go for. Sundays line up is actually pretty good too but like ghostdancer have seen pretty much all of them in the past year. Went for the full weekend last year and regretted it so I think I will have to just choose one day and stick with it, hoping there will still be a few more acts announced even if they are lower level acts.
    Dizzee Rascal is a far better headliner than what they foisted on us last year for Friday. Single worst day of any festival I've ever had the misfortune of attending.compared to that, Dizzee, Young Fathers and Katy B is a great line up.

I missed Dizzee at Oxegen a few years ago and everyone who went to see him said he is a great performer.

Wish Flume was on the friday since he is the only act i wanna see on the Sunday

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Dizzee Rascal is a far better headliner than what they foisted on us last year for Friday. Single worst day of any festival I've ever had the misfortune of attending.compared to that, Dizzee, Young Fathers and Katy B is a great line up.

The Friday last year was brutal alright, I spent most of it in the Bulmers Lounge, Fatboy Slim was awful. Still not really impressed with the Friday line up so far although it is better than last year, DJ Deece is brilliant too, definitely one to catch if you're going on the Friday.

• Advertisement

Forbidden Fruit afterparties

FRIDAY

Special Guest & Bodhi @ Button Factory
    Detroit Swindle with The Malibu Club @ The Grand Social
    Gerd Jansen with Telephones @ Wigwam

SATURDAY

Tale of Us @ Button Factory
    Bondax & Special Guests with Hidden Agenda @ The Grand Social
    Jungle DJ Set with Lumo @ Wigwam
    Freddie Gibbs with Sense @ The Sugar Club