Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hopefully they announce some more acts soon, 11 for Saturday and 10 for Sunday so far :|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Forbidden Fruit afterparties

FRIDAY

Special Guest & Bodhi @ Button Factory
    Detroit Swindle with The Malibu Club @ The Grand Social
    Gerd Jansen with Telephones @ Wigwam

SATURDAY

Tale of Us @ Button Factory
    Bondax & Special Guests with Hidden Agenda @ The Grand Social
    Jungle DJ Set with Lumo @ Wigwam
    Freddie Gibbs with Sense @ The Sugar Club
    The Rnb Club @ Tengu

SUNDAY

Groove Armada DJ Set with Curve @ Button Factory
    FunkinEven with Discotekken @ The Grand Social
    Âme Live with Bodytonic @ Wigwam
    Jackmaster & DJ Deece @ Tengu
    Tiga b2b Jori Hulkkonnen with This Greedy Pig @ The Sugar Club
    Can you get in free with FF ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Can you get in free with FF ticket?

Doubt it, it was like €10-€15 for tickets to after parties last year as far as I can remember. Never a fan of going into town after a day at a festival, always too wrecked and the venues are always overly busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

It was €15 or so for them last year from what I recall too. And they involved big queues to get in, and were overcrowded.

You'd be much better off with a low-key afterparty in someone's home if you can organise one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

13055376_1054890821224509_5760299778014418264_n.jpg?oh=0e2ba2a5d4a47d3b0cd857d90a8f3207&oe=57A78C40

• Advertisement

damn, hadn't planned on going Friday, but Pusha T, Kerri Chandler and Octave One have sold it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its been a bit of an announcing bonanza today with both Longitude and Forbidden Fruit and hopefully the second one from EP next week.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Think I'm just going to pick up a Saturday ticket and head up to see Kiasmos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Think I'm just going to pick up a Saturday ticket and head up to see Kiasmos.
    Some good stuff on the Saturday all right, Tame Impala, Kiasmos, Steve Mason, Battles, Kormac. Tale of Us sound good but I cant much of their own stuff, mostly mixes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

As someone who's out of the loop music wise can you guys tell me the alternative/indie 'guitar' bands playing?

I want to avoid the dance bollocks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Texas Jack wrote: »
    As someone who's out of the loop music wise can you guys tell me the alternative/indie 'guitar' bands playing?

Skepta, Kiasmos, Bondax, Flume, Underworld, Maya Jane Coles, Katy B, DJ Deece, Jack master, Groove Armada and The Field are all great guitar bands. Enjoy mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Texas Jack wrote: »

Probably not going to be your festival then, of the bands I know, the less dance orientated would be Young Fathers, Tame Impala, Battles and Jungle but they wouldn't be considered alt/indie guitar bands really.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I know we aren't privy to the stage times but does anyone think Tame Impala and Skepta could clash on the Saturday? I want to see both acts. I've never been to FF before so not sure how it's run, stage wise etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I know we aren't privy to the stage times but does anyone think Tame Impala and Skepta could clash on the Saturday? I want to see both acts. I've never been to FF before so not sure how it's run, stage wise etc. Thanks.

Was trying to have a guess of who might clash with who before deciding what day to go on, and I would think there is a decent chance that they will both clash. Tame Impala will headline the main stage on the Saturday and then I would think there's a decent chance that Skepta will headline one of the other tents (Undergrowth stage or Lighthouse stage). Maybe others will think differently but I guess we won't know for sure until the stage times come out probably the week before the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

does anyone know to they put on late trains from heuston after the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Looks like the stages names (and there has been one added?) have changed.

http://www.forbiddenfruit.ie/

"THE MALIBU CLUB STAGE - THE RNB CLUB STAGE - DEECE STAGE".

And there was no late trains put on as far as I remember since it started, it generally fishes around 10.45

Was trying to have a guess of who might clash with who before deciding what day to go on, and I would think there is a decent chance that they will both clash. Tame Impala will headline the main stage on the Saturday and then I would think there's a decent chance that Skepta will headline one of the other tents (Undergrowth stage or Lighthouse stage). Maybe others will think differently but I guess we won't know for sure until the stage times come out probably the week before the festival.

No hassle. Thanks for the reply. I thought Jungle might headline one stage and free up the Tame Impala Skepta clash.

Does this usually sell out? I might risk waiting for stage times to be released and try to pick up a ticket from toutless closer to the time.

No hassle. Thanks for the reply. I thought Jungle might headline one stage and free up the Tame Impala Skepta clash.

Does this usually sell out? I might risk waiting for stage times to be released and try to pick up a ticket from toutless closer to the time.

I can see Jungle subbing Tame Impala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I don't think it usually sells out..tried looking on last year's FF forum and there's no indication it did. I only bought my Sat ticket today, didn't want to chance leaving it another few weeks. Can't miss Tame Impala, they were brilliant at last year's Electric Picnic!

Yeah I saw Tame Impala at EP and they were excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Anyone who was there last year care to comment on how the ticketing worked...was there a weekend wristband or did you bring your ticket each day etc.?

I'd like to go Friday and Saturday and then give my ticket/wristband to a friend who wants to go on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

Easy Rod wrote: »

I'd like to go Friday and Saturday and then give my ticket/wristband to a friend who wants to go on the Sunday.

There was a weekend wristband last year.

Leftfield DJ set added to Forbidden Fruit June 3rd,

13179452_10156878628375322_1059263782589144617_n.png?oh=9e28461107662d0b6397757b0c8f8cc0&oe=57E04207&__gda__=1470141987_0e52fa25778f2c40f3ae73779e85c5a4

was announced a few weeks ago with other Friday acts like Pusha T and Octave One.

was announced a few weeks ago with other Friday acts like Pusha T and Octave One.

Just seen this now, it came up in my FB feed recently so I thought Forbidden Fruit had just announced it then, but I suppose festivals will repeat some of the bill leading up to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Stage times being announced today (Friday) apparently.

No sign of stage times yet. Still holding out for no Tame Impala, Skepta clash.

Haven't bought my ticket yet, has this sold out in the past? Apologies if asked already.

13235588_1068219873224937_5139159742674443066_o.jpg

Good stuff. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Set times look good apart from Kiasmos clash with Tame Impala.

Advertisement