Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

lc180 wrote: »
    There's one bastard that works all the events in Kilmainham and he gives a serious pat down. I got stopped with a hip flask right down the front of my jocks one year and i had to bin it. He had no hesitation to touch me in my special place lol.

If your gonna sneak in booze, zip lock bags are the way to go.

Why did you not just pour the drink out, and bring the empty hip flask with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Any chance of smuggling in a sneaky hip flask or would they pat everywhere?

Two bottles of water
    BottleA: Open and pour away
    BottleB: cut in half, mind your fingers. Place the half with the unopened top into jug of hot water. Wait 10mins and CAREFULLY twist the cap off while prying the little snap off thing attached to the cap upwards with the tip of a knife. Keep going slowly around the edge with a knife until the cap comes off. mind your fingers.
    BottleA:Fill with gin and tonic and put on the cap from BottleB.
    Drink BottleA (mind your fingers :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Any chance of smuggling in a sneaky hip flask or would they pat everywhere?

Two bottles of water
    BottleB: cut in half, mind your fingers. Place the half with the unopened top into jug of hot water. Wait 10mins and CAREFULLY twist the cap off while prying the little snap off thing attached to the cap upwards with the tip of a knife. Keep going slowly around the edge with a knife until the cap comes off. mind your fingers.

Why do you need to cut bottle B in half?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Two bottles of water

I'm confused !! Are you drinking now ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Two bottles of water

Great thinking! Actually had to read your post 3 times to understand it fully! Would security actually let someone in with a bottle of "water", I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Say they will make you bin it

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Reillyman wrote: »
    Why do you need to cut bottle B in half?

While it's still full and unopened, take a knife and cut it straight across the middle (over the sink). Then take the half that still has the lid attached and heat it up in a bowl of hot water. Otherwise you'd never be able to warm the cap enough to get the lid off, 'uncracked'.

Great thinking! Actually had to read your post 3 times to understand it fully! Would security actually let someone in with a bottle of "water", I wonder?

I got into sea-sessions with it. He had a look and made sure the seal was intact.Which it was. I nearly slipped up though, the label said still water, but there was fizzy tonic water in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

They didn't do thorough searches or pat downs today at all seemed fairly relaxed they definitely don't ask for ID either half or maybe more than half the people in there today have to have been under 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

kevovek wrote: »
    They didn't do thorough searches or pat downs today at all seemed fairly relaxed they definitely don't ask for ID either half or maybe more than half the people in there today have to have been under 18.
    Hopefully the leaving certers aren't there tomorrow. I hope they don't have weekend tickets

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully the leaving certers aren't there tomorrow. I hope they don't have weekend tickets

Cant see them going for Tame Impala anyways so you should be grand. Raging im working all over the weekend but would have def went to see Tame Impala again after their set at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

They've changed the layout around a bit this year for the better. Good atmosphere last night and actually seen a good bunch of ones not let in because they were to young.

Clonmel is a great beer for a festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Kerri Chandler was very good . They were very strict wirh the curfew, wouldn't let him even play one extra track, after him pleading.

Very young crowd overall, probably leaving certs. Far too many of them far too off their heads, one girl being carted off by paramedics at about 7.

Great to see the weather holding up for it. Would have loved to be heading to Tame Impala.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

just home.

about to go on a rant. forgive me.

****ing knackers the lot of them. jersey shore, conor macgregor wannabees everywhere. tame impala was background music to vacuous selfies, void empty vessels of humanity draped in fake tan, michael kors and cheap cider.

maybe I'm getting old (31) maybe I'm posh (never thought i was) but i want nothing to do with this set any more. carpet bomb the place and start again.

i paid 120 quid for a weekend ticket just to see tame impala and they are wasted on that crowd . a ****ing disgrace.

ps : queue for toilets was ridiculous
    queue for pints was worse
    finished too early.
    main stage was blocked out of view by sound tent.
    layout was awful.

I'm out of touch, I'm old , I'm jaded and cynical but I've ****ing had it with this country ,its mediocre organisation ,event junkie fans and rip off culture.

stop the world . nehe wants to get off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

just home.

****ing knackers the lot of them. jersey shore, conor macgregor wannabees everywhere. tame impala was background music to vacuous selfies, void empty vessels of humanity draped in fake tan, michael kors and cheap cider.

maybe I'm getting old (31) maybe I'm posh (never thought i was) but i want nothing to do with this set any more. carpet bomb the place and start again.

i paid 120 quid for a weekend ticket just to see tame impala and they are wasted on that crowd . a ****ing disgrace.

finished too early.
    layout was awful.

I'm out of touch, I'm old , I'm jaded and cynical but I've ****ing had it with this country ,its mediocre organisation ,event junkie fans and rip off culture.

It wasn't that bad but I feel your pain mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

Easy Rod wrote: »
    It wasn't that bad but I feel your pain mate.

ive had it chief. I'm done . abroad from now on. maybe I'm sick of irishness or the ole ole'ers or whatever .but this society disgusts me.

i can genuinely say without equivocation that there are more arseholes then sound people in this country as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

just home.

finished too early.
    layout was awful.

I was trying to post down at the site but no coverage so only doing so now.

I'm 43 well more over the age than you but there were plenty of oldies around so here goes.

Forbidden Fail this year I'm afraid. Was great last year.

Far too many people in a relatively confined space. Massive queues for food/drink/toilet. Took me a full hour to get a Thai curry and double vino.

The pro was crowd relatively sedate given sardine style packing, hot weather and long day of alcohol. A lot of youngsters approached me to chat telling me they hated the vibe of the event.

Had a great vantage point for Jungle/Tame Impala.

Both indie pop darlings/doyennes, they are sound musically but frontmen in both cases are cultural Marxist drones. I don't blame anyone for taking selfies/wandering/chatting as Kevin Parker does not have the charisma or stage presence to command a large crowd.

Going to Parklife next weekend Manchester and Morris Day & The Time in London week after both of which should be joyous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How they haven't sorted out the drink situation in 4 years is beyond me. Loved Tame Impala though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

POD in shambles-of-organisation shocker...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

just home.

finished too early.
    layout was awful.

Modern life is rubbish.

Having said that if you are finished with your wristband..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Modern life is rubbish.

Apt username ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

ive had it chief. I'm done . abroad from now on. maybe I'm sick of irishness or the ole ole'ers or whatever .but this society disgusts me.

i can genuinely say without equivocation that there are more arseholes then sound people in this country as we speak.

Feel your pain too. Thankfully the only people who would get me to a festival are now dead.

I'd imagine today will be worse. G'luck folks!

The person working in the marketing department of Elesse who has managed to convince 'millenials' that the brand is high end fashion and not a ****ty 90's sport brand is a genius.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

what the **** is a millenial?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Texas Jack wrote: »
    what the **** is a millenial?
    If you're asking, you are one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Feel your pain too. Thankfully the only people who would get me to a festival are now dead.

The crowd aren't entirely to blame. Any act that makes a genuine effort to engage with the crowd will get a good and attentive response.

Jungle and Tame Impala are not those acts.

I'm at a loss to understand why TI are being given such high billing at so many festivals this summer.

Underworld should put things right tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Great weekend.

Caught the end of Bondax on Saturday who were impressive, before Tale of us and Kiasmos who were both fantastic. Followed by the Tale of Us afterparty in the Button Factory which was very enjoyable. Not too packed, decent crowd, good times.

Maya Jane Coles on Sunday was a highlight, followed by Underworld to round it off and they delivered as expected.

Overall a very enjoyable festival. Great weather all weekend and a good buzz about the place in general. Didn't see any trouble.

Only downsides for me were the queues for the Bars on Sunday, especially at the Bulmers Lounge which was a borderline crush hazard, as well the the lads jacks which had turned into a squelching piss pit by Sunday.

I'll now retreat into my cocoon to watch live Underworld performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Went on the Saturday and I really enjoyed it. I was expecting the crowd to be worse to be honest, I went for the weekend last year and thought the crowd was worse than it was this year (on the Saturday at least), it felt like there were two separate festivals going on though, over at the main stage/bulmers lounge side it felt quite calm and a mix of all ages just enjoying themselves without going too mad, but once you went over closer to the Undergrowth/Lighthouse stage side the crowd instantly felt a lot younger and messier, which was more reminiscent of last year. Maybe this was because it was Jungle & Tame Impala on the main stage while all of the DJs were over the other side, not sure how it would have been yesterday with DJs pretty much on every stage.

The queues for the bar were unbearable at times, got to the point where I think everyone was ordering two drinks as they didn't want to have to queue again in another half an hours time. Queues for the girls toilets seemed pretty bad too but this seems to be the case at most music festivals. Music was good but nothing outstanding, went to see Bondax, Jungle, Kiasmos, DJ Deece & Tame Impala and all of them were enjoyable, Bondax arguably the surprise highlight with a serious DJ set. It seems as if last year Forbidden Fruits organisers decided to change the type of acts they book for the festival (or maybe the organisers themselves changed?), when you look at line ups from 2014 and previous it was a great mix of bands and DJs and it felt like it was a city centre festival aimed at a mature enough audience, but last year and this year feel like they have focused almost solely on electronic music and attracting a much younger crowd, which has overall taken away from the festival IMO. It is sad to see in a way as I think it could still be a great festival if they had of kept it like before, but maybe that's nostalgia talking.

Advertisement