Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros @ Royal Hospital Kilmainham

Options
  • 29-01-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Sunday June 26th..... Nice venue for them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

James Vincent McMorrow in support also.

Tickets €49.50

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bah going to be away then. They were incredible in the O2 in 2013.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I'm already going to see them at Primavera but I might go to this too. One of my favourite bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Unmissable indeed!!
    Nothing on ticketmaster at the moment, so I assume tickets on sale towards the end of next week??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

-double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Unmissable indeed!!
    Nothing on ticketmaster at the moment, so I assume tickets on sale towards the end of next week??

**TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 5 FEBRUARY AT 9AM**

Can't wait!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Brilliant....loving this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

I'll go. Not a huge fan but they are a bit special, and if the weather plays ball, it could be gig of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bah going to be away then. They were incredible in the O2 in 2013.

Yeah that gig was brilliant. Will be sure to get to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

They said they are going to do something different for this tour. New songs, different type of format. Will be interesting what that brings. But hope there aren't too many unknown songs. It would kinda kill the buzz a bit. And a sigur Ros gig is not complete without finishing up with the bone-crunching popplagið

• Advertisement

They said they are going to do something different for this tour. New songs, different type of format. Will be interesting what that brings. But hope there aren't too many unknown songs. It would kinda kill the buzz a bit. And a sigur Ros gig is not complete without finishing up with the bone-crunching popplagið

Personally I'm happy there'll be some new material. It's only just over 2 years ago we basically saw the whole of Kveikur played in the 02, I loved it but I'd rather see something new.

Oh ya, it would be great to have new material – if new album is out before the gig. Kveikur worked well live, but the gig was on a couple of weeks after the album came out. So, the songs were pretty familiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I don't rate Kilmainham as a concert venue. I saw Elbow there a couple of years ago and it wasn't great, some bands need to be in an enclosed arena for their sound to be best, Elbow are one of those bands and I'd think these guys are the same. They don't have that "stadium" power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Elbow are one of those bands and I'd think these guys are the same. They don't have that "stadium" power.

You think wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Got my ticket. :)

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Got my ticket. :)

Me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Me too :D

Me three! :D

Seen them live for the first time in the O2 in 2013, wonderful.

I am trying to figure out when it may be over - so I catch the last bus home or organise a hostel/b&b place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

failinis wrote: »
    Me three! :D

Seen them live for the first time in the O2 in 2013, wonderful.

I am trying to figure out when it may be over - so I catch the last bus home or organise a hostel/b&b place.

I'd book something. Nothing worse than clock watching at a gig. Had to skip out of John Grant at vicar st just before the last song to catch the last bus. Was kicking myself.

Raging I'm not going to get to this gig cos will be at Glastonbury. Seriously keeping everything crossed they make an appearance. Had dreams of them on the Sunday night but not happening now.
    Enjoy those who are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I'd book something. Nothing worse than clock watching at a gig. Had to skip out of John Grant at vicar st just before the last song to catch the last bus. Was kicking myself.

Raging I'm not going to get to this gig cos will be at Glastonbury. Seriously keeping everything crossed they make an appearance. Had dreams of them on the Sunday night but not happening now.
    Enjoy those who are going.

Yeah I was talking to a friend and they said "Oh you will have to leave early" - broke me heart even thinking about doing that to be honest :( so I must look for a place to stay over night.

Awk it sucks you can't go, but enjoy Glastonbury!
    I was actually meant to go to Glasto but could not afford it, glad I did not save up for it.

Any notions out there as to what kind of gig will Sigur Ros put on. What kinda setlist. Any new tracks floating around? Can wait for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

Any notions out there as to what kind of gig will Sigur Ros put on. What kinda setlist. Any new tracks floating around? Can wait for it.

Sigur Rós Setlist at Fly By Night Rehearsal Studios, Redditch, England, Redditch, England
    30/5/16

Setlist

1. Ovedur
    2. Starálfur
    3. Sæglópur
    4. Glósóli
    5. Vaka
    6. Ný Batterí
    7. E-Bow
    8. Festival
    9. Yfirborð
    10. Kveikur
    11. Hafsól
    12. Popplagið
    Note: Rehearsal for Upcoming Tour

A good mix from a few of the albums! Only one new one (Ovedur) I think?

Very good. Thanks for that. I had checked Setlist.fm, but saw that their last gig was back in 2013. Would be happy out with that setlist. I'm sure there will be another 4/5 songs added as well. 12 would be quite short - even considering that Popplagid and ebow are long songs.
    Setlist is quite similar to the one they had when they played in Dublin in November 2013.

They are playing in Barcelona on Saturday. Will give a better indication as to what to expect.

Ovedur is a new song. Must see if it's somewhere on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Starálfur!

Edit: Seems like the version of Starálfur might be a bit different, some discussion/pictures of the gig here

http://board.sigur-ros.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=30340

Looked like a pretty cool thing to do.

Reports from the Primavera gig sound very positive. Was worried that losing a band member would diminish the power of a Sigur Ros performance. But it appears not so.
    I had a look at some footage on youtube, and the stage/lighting is spectacular. Hopefully there will be more tunes at the Dublin gig.
    Haven’t had a chance to listen to the new song yet. Will give it a go over the next while. Any word of a new album?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah I'm worried about them being a trio now as well.

My understanding is that the new album is coming after the tour. They are testing out the songs on the road, similar to how they did with ( ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Something being announced at 9pm tonight:

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/

New album?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dots03

Anyone have stage time info?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Anyone recommend any albums or songs by James Vincent McMorrow for me to check out before Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Suas11 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend any albums or songs by James Vincent McMorrow for me to check out before Sunday?

Post Tropical is a top notch album. Don't know how well it will translate in a large open venue like RHK but I'm hoping he plays a good few tunes from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭sporina

I don't rate Kilmainham as a concert venue. I saw Elbow there a couple of years ago and it wasn't great, some bands need to be in an enclosed arena for their sound to be best, Elbow are one of those bands and I'd think these guys are the same. They don't have that "stadium" power.

very much disagree with this; saw them at EP in 2012 on the main stage and it was sublime

Advertisement