Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros @ Royal Hospital Kilmainham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭sporina

anyone got any idea of stage times? approx?

and ideas for pre/post gig drinks? thomas street area or stick to the quays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

sporina wrote: »
    anyone got any idea of stage times? approx?

and ideas for pre/post gig drinks? thomas street area or stick to the quays?

These are the places that are closet to the venue.

Royal Oak beside the venue. Small but will be good atmosphere if it doesn't rain - people can hang around outside it. If it does rain, the little place will be too jammed. Hilton across the road for those that want a quieter drink. And then there's Murrays, which is a minute walk from the main entrance to the gig. Bigger place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Weather is looking good for Sunday.

I know that James Vincent McM is supporting, but there's someone before him too? I'd rather just get there for JVM onwards, anyone know what time he's due onstage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Weather is looking good for Sunday.

I know that James Vincent McM is supporting, but there's someone before him too? I'd rather just get there for JVM onwards, anyone know what time he's due onstage?

Gates are at 6. If I had to guess I'd say first act 6.45-7:15. JVM 7.45-8.30. Sigur Ros 9-10.45.

They'll probably release the times earlier on Sunday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Royal Oak beside the venue. Small but will be good atmosphere if it doesn't rain - people can hang around outside it. If it does rain, the little place will be too jammed. Hilton across the road for those that want a quieter drink. And then there's Murrays, which is a minute walk from the main entrance to the gig. Bigger place.

There's a new pub opened just where the luas starts going down the hill at stevens lane

• Advertisement

thanks - i've not been to RHK before for a gig - was in the IMMA years ago but not familiar with the venue.. do we get the luas there? where do we get off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

thanks - i've not been to RHK before for a gig - was in the IMMA years ago but not familiar with the venue.. do we get the luas there? where do we get off?

Closest stop would probably be Heuston, it's a short walk from there. You just walks towards the Eircom building and you're halfway there.

JJ wrote: »
    Closest stop would probably be Heuston, it's a short walk from there. You just walks towards the Eircom building and you're halfway there.

Ya, 5 minute walk from Heuston to the back gates of the venue. It’s very straight forward. No people congestion. Getting into and out of the actual venue is very handy. It’s just getting out of the area at 11 at night could be a pain. (not that I have to worry my smug little head about that – 1 minute walk from the gig).

Ya, 5 minute walk from Heuston to the back gates of the venue. It’s very straight forward. No people congestion. Getting into and out of the actual venue is very handy. It’s just getting out of the area at 11 at night could be a pain. (not that I have to worry my smug little head about that – 1 minute walk from the gig).

lol thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Gates are at 6. If I had to guess I'd say first act 6.45-7:15. JVM 7.45-8.30. Sigur Ros 9-10.45.

Anyone know the last bus home to naas 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Anyone know the last bus home to naas

My last bus options are 10pm and Midnight. Be home by 4am I hope.

Does anyone know roughly when its over?

Getting so excited now!

where will stage times be posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

where will stage times be posted?

Most likely on MCD's twitter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Blaurie

Looking forward to this gig on Sunday but haven't been at the venue before. Can anyone tell me is there seating or do people sit on the ground / stand? Also can you purchase food and drink at the concert? Thanks

Usually no seating. There was for Leonard Cohen years ago, but that was a different audience. Very unlikely there would be for Sigur Ros. Ya, general people standing up near the front, but as you go further back from the stage, much more room for sitting around. Although the weather might put a dampner on having the image of sitting out in a field in the sun, chilling out to beautiful music.

Don't know about food. Drinks, ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Beer last year was Heineken only. I think there was a procecco bar as well.

A good few food options available. Not the worst but nothing too exciting either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Anyone know anywhere nearby which would be a good spot for watching the match on Sunday before the concert?

Suas11 wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere nearby which would be a good spot for watching the match on Sunday before the concert?

the fan zone is in smithfield which is on the luas route to the venue so i guess that would be the place to be for the atm

• Registered Users Posts: 12 swimmom

Can anyone see on their email confirmation wht time the box office opens for ticket collection please?ðŸ˜႒

No stage times just yet but MCD named James Canty on Twitter as a support act for tomorrow.

Hopefully the weather is decent, still undecided if I'm gonna buy a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 swimmom

lc180 wrote: »
    No stage times just yet but MCD named James Canty on Twitter as a support act for tomorrow.

Hopefully the weather is decent, still undecided if I'm gonna buy a ticket.

Cool thanks. I won a prize of tickets for collection at box office but as yet have no details of opening time of box office. I know that for some MCD events in Kilmainham the box office opened at 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Would anyone know if it's OK to bring a small fold up chair in with you? Have a fairly pregnant wife who might need to take the weight off from time to time!! Cheers.

Looks wet out this morning. Wellies at the ready. Does Kilmainham get mucky?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Heading to @sigurros @RHK_Venue tonight?
    Doors 18:00
    @JamesCantymusic 18:40
    @jamesvmcmcorrow 19:25
    #SigurRos 20:55
    *Times subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gumbyman2000

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Would anyone know if it's OK to bring a small fold up chair in with you? Have a fairly pregnant wife who might need to take the weight off from time to time!! Cheers.

I'm in exactly same boat! Anyone know can you bring stuff in? Backpack with picnic blanket, snacks etc?

Le Bruise wrote: »

Might be worthwhile considering the accessible seating option for the gig. I think there is a phone number on TM you can call. I used it once when I was on cruches for a knee injury, it was a lifesaver. Heavily pregnant is definitely a legit reason for access, no point being uncomfortable for the concert.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Cheers for that lc180. I'll give the number a shout and see how I get on.

Best of luck gumbyman, I'll let you know how I get on with that number!

Do you reckon it'll be mucky? Runners or wellies?

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »

If we go up by eircom do we hit those bars?

Advertisement