Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food TV shows

Options
  • 29-01-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Good Morning,
    I'm new here and would like to know if any of you remember really good and popular cooking TV shows from 2002.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Saturday Kitchen & Ready Steady Cook were popular back then.

Any particular reason for being specific about 2002?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mufasa from Warsaw

Thanks, Hill Billy

I see both of them were on BBC? Any home-cooked Irish ones at the time? RTE or other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

Saturday Kitchen & Ready Steady Cook were popular back then.

Any particular reason for being specific about 2002?

Saturday Kitchen back then was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In 2002 Nigella Lawson and Jamie Oliver would have been the top two most popular TV cooks I think... Though I prefer more of a Rick Stein (or old school Keith Floyd) approach myself, mix of travelogue and recipes.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I see both of them were on BBC? Any home-cooked Irish ones at the time? RTE or other?
    There is a retro forum where many ask for old programs. There might be some website with tv listings from back then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement