Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2016 - Wicklow

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Ah, but will Cronin's west wicklow transfers go to Timmins or to Doyle, that is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

recedite wrote: »
    Ah, but will Cronin's west wicklow transfers go to Timmins or to Doyle, that is the question.

All over the place.

Donnelly, Harris, Brady, Casey and Doyle most likely to take seats

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

All over the place.
    Probably not to Casey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Why is Wicklow always last to return results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Calibos wrote: »

Must be in alphabetical order:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

recedite wrote:
    Probably not to Casey though.

Cuffes votes will get Casey over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

they gots to be paid.

I assume it's down to the competency or otherwise of the returning officer.
    It's their show.

All day to count once is mediocre. ... but the norm nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Always wonder this too. Seems to take ages.

Surely , doing Donnely's transfers can't take that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Simon Harris & John Brady now formally elected.

RTE website now shows that they have now adjourned the count. No all nighter there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

An oddity I noticed as the Green Party candidate was eliminated and redistributed....

As many of his redistribution went to the AAA candidate as to all the other remaining candidates combined.

I would have thought that strange.

• Advertisement

You're probably thinking that water meters have a sound environmental basis, which is true. But on the other hand there is strong tradition of leftiness, protest, and anti-establishment activism among greens, which can often result in a hypocritical stance where they oppose something that they should really be supporting.
    Some greens oppose both wind farms and nuclear power for environmental reasons, others support both for environmental reasons.

They proposed a "site value tax" years ago, but are not so keen on the property tax when it is implemented. They say overpopulation is a threat to the planet, but are against restrictions on immigration into this country by economic migrants posing as refugees.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Final count done. We have:
    Stephen Donnelly, Social Democrats
    John Brady, Sinn Fein
    Simon Harris, Fine Gael
    Andrew Doyle, Fine Gael
    Pat Casey, Fianna Fail

No Billy Timmins means that Renua have officially won no seats as in pretty sure that he was their last hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Doyle and Casey take the last seats. Disaster for Timmins. Should of stayed with FG !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Doyle and Casey take the last seats. Disaster for Timmins. Should of stayed with FG !!!

I'm delighted he's gone, as someone that lives in west Wicklow, I have been sick and tired of his influence around the place, if you weren't a mate of his or Dick Roach you were not worthy of representation, Timmins was a GAA man and if you didn't like the GAA or in his circle, he didn't bother, Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I'm delighted he's gone, as someone that lives in west Wicklow, I have been sick and tired of his influence around the place, if you weren't a mate of his or Dick Roach you were not worthy of representation, Timmins was a GAA man and if you didn't like the GAA or in his circle, he didn't bother, Good riddance.

I'm no Timmins fan, but are you expecting Casey or Brady to pop round your gaff with a bottle of vino and a dvd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

loyatemu wrote: »
    I'm no Timmins fan, but are you expecting Casey or Brady to pop round your gaff with a bottle of vino and a dvd?

Possibly because I'm a party member, already had him In here for tea and toast.

Advertisement