Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Visa Tarnsfer to H-1B or O visa

Options
  • 29-01-2016 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm interested in getting the graduate visa. I'm just wondering if anyone transferred to a H-1B or O visa while on it? Also just wondering was it advantageous being on the Graduate visa when trying to transfer to the other visas, like do you think you saved time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

It's not a simple transfer from J to H1B. The H1B is oversubscribed and, the past few years, visas are assigned via a lottery system.

There's no advantage to having a J visa before a H1B as far as the application process goes. For many, though, the work experience you get while on the J Graduate visa can lead to a company agreeing to apply for the H1B for you. But, there's no guarantee you will get it. The application fees are increasing also.

I don't have any experience of the O visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Advertisement