Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

already knowing the vendors estate agent

Options
  • 29-01-2016 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am viewing a house this weekend for sale, the thing is I know the estate agent selling the property as he was our landlord for three years, currently his colleague is our landlord but it's still the same estate agency.
    Is there any advantages / disadvantages in the EA knowing us and our current situation??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The advantage is they're less likely to take the piss and assuming you get on well, they're more likely to push you as a good buyer to the vendor.

Only disadvantage is that they might know your hand too well and can tell the buyer if you're desperate/eager/loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

seamus wrote: »
    The advantage is they're less likely to take the piss and assuming you get on well, they're more likely to push you as a good buyer to the vendor.

Only disadvantage is that they might know your hand too well and can tell the buyer if you're desperate/eager/loaded.
    Yeah we would be classed as "good" tenants, always paid on time, no problems etc. so we had a good relationship with the ea.
    I was thinking too that it may be a disadvantage because he could tell his colleague that he will potentially lose us as tenants soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

allybabe84 wrote: »
    Yeah we would be classed as "good" tenants, always paid on time, no problems etc. so we had a good relationship with the ea.
    I was thinking too that it may be a disadvantage because he could tell his colleague that he will potentially lose us as tenants soon...

In which he case he'll be able to relet and get new tenants in who most likely will be paying more than you

Advertisement