Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix settings on Xbox one

Options
  • 29-01-2016 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

have my xbox one about a month now, running on crappy satellite broadband with a small download limit, but its a case of so far so good, in that I havent gone over my download limit yet, despite using a bit of netflix and watching the royal rumble on the wwe network.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to set the picture quality on either of the above mentioned apps as they seem to automatically set themselves depending on what the internet connection is like at that time.

If I could set the quality fairly low I would get a lot more use out of the xbox as I have heard that netflix can run as low as .3gb for streaming for an hour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I am not 100% sure but I think for Netflix, the quality is based on the type of version you are watching, like if it is HD or SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I am not 100% sure but I think for Netflix, the quality is based on the type of version you are watching, like if it is HD or SD.

Can you select the version? mine seems to switch between HD and SD itself. I have read that the wwe network adjusts itself based on the connection it is on. But people say that you can adjust your netflix settings, but I cant see a way to do it on xbox

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Can you select the version? mine seems to switch between HD and SD itself. I have read that the wwe network adjusts itself based on the connection it is on. But people say that you can adjust your netflix settings, but I cant see a way to do it on xbox

You can do it through the Netflix website itself.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

CatInABox wrote: »
    You can do it through the Netflix website itself.

See here.

I had just seen that and am slightly embarrassed for not trying that first. I was wondering why nobody seemed to have asked this before and now I realise that I am probably the only person too simple to have worked this out :o

Advertisement