Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else live in/around Stoneybatter?

Options
  • 29-01-2016 5:02pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Just moved in to the area and will be here for the duration (barring something unforeseen such as the emergence of a wife/kids/highly contagious disease). Wouldn’t mind getting to know other locals over a pint at some stage, any interest?

If not, I suppose I’ll keep propping up the bar in Walsh’s during Arsenal games and see where that takes me…!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just moved in to the area and will be here for the duration (barring something unforeseen such as the emergence of a wife/kids/highly contagious disease). Wouldn’t mind getting to know other locals over a pint at some stage, any interest?

If not, I suppose I’ll keep propping up the bar in Walsh’s during Arsenal games and see where that takes me…!
    The highly contagious disease is more than likely, can't comment on a wife or kids emerging though I envisage something like "alien" emerging from your bowels :)

Welcome to the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I'm sure you've found your way around already but...

Mulligans is grand for nice pub grub and a pint or two, but I find it doesn't suit having a few jars. Walshes is great for that though, as I'm sure you've found out.

Love Supreme is a great cafe, the guys working there are sound and their sausage rolls will cure any hangover.

Again, Drinkstore, the staff are great and an amazing selection of drinks. The Thai place next door is (imo) one of the better Thai's in Dublin. Usually fresh and doesn't taste of MSG.

Lilliput Stores has a good selection of bread that sells out fast.

I forget how good we have it when I'm visiting friends in 'nicer' suburbs.

The park at the back of the prison/UN memorial is lovely on a nice day, though I think there's some work going on in there at the moment.

Mulligans is grand for nice pub grub and a pint or two, but I find it doesn't suit having a few jars. Walshes is great for that though, as I'm sure you've found out.

Love Supreme is a great cafe, the guys working there are sound and their sausage rolls will cure any hangover.

Again, Drinkstore, the staff are great and an amazing selection of drinks. The Thai place next door is (imo) one of the better Thai's in Dublin. Usually fresh and doesn't taste of MSG.

The park at the back of the prison/UN memorial is lovely on a nice day, though I think there's some work going on in there at the moment.

OldBean wrote: »

What park?
    Is that the one with the entrance beside arbour hill Church/ graveyard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone know what time the Centra is open till in Stoneybatter? I've never once passed it closed!

Anyone know what time the Centra is open till in Stoneybatter? I've never once passed it closed!

It's 24 hour as far as I know.
    What park?
    Is that the one with the entrance beside arbour hill Church/ graveyard?

Yep.

OldBean wrote: »
    It's 24 hour as far as I know.

Yep.

Not been there since i was a kid , a number of decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

24 hours. 365 days a year.

OP I drink in Tommys. Regulars and Bar staff all very nice.

Walshys is decent. Mulligans is hipster :pac:

Delanys beside Smithfield is an early bird and have a pool table.

I tend to avoid Glimmerman myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Just around the corner is the Lighthouse Cinema, the best cinema in Dublin. No halfwits with phones out, or talking through films.

Also in Smithfield is My Meat Wagon - go there for food. It's pretty good. Oscars beside it is also decent.

Here's a Guardian article from just last week about the area.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Looking at gyms in the area - is 1escape any good?

Supposed to be good but expensive. I think it's won a few awards.

There's another gym in the Haymarket Square, in the same block as Flo's garage that seems to get a regular crowd. I can't for the life of me remember its name however.

Advertisement