Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help :) moving from UK to Ireland

Options
  • 29-01-2016 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, my family and i are moving from the UK to Ireland to be close to extended family :).
    we are very excited as Ireland is beautiful, and everyone seem really lovely. My question is what primary schools would people advise? we will be moving to either Balbriggan or Swords area. also any other advice would be much appreciated with regards to areas to move to. :)

thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

There are lots of messages already on boards about these areas if you want to do a quick search.
    Personal recommendation from me would be Holy Family school in Rivervalley as a primary school. There's two schools on site, junior (age 4-8) senior (age 9-12).
    You would need to live in Rivervalley, Boroimhe or Ridgewood to be within the catchment area for this school. Both schools have websites. www.holyfamilysns.ie being the senior school. www.holyfamilyjns.ie being the junior. 😀😀😀
    Any specific questions please ask.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I only have experience of schools in Rivervalley, although it's been a long time since I had any children in school. The Holy Family primary is excellent, as is Loreto College secondary school - my daughters were very happy in both.
    The north county is a great place to live and to raise children, I hope you'll be very happy here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Balbriggan is just that bit further out. Nicknamed "blackbriggan", but I can't really see why the last couple of times I was out that way.

Swords is a bit better with more on your doorstep and is a busy enough place. Wouldn't be my first preference, but I would pick it over Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It may be knicknamed as such by racist twits, but most locals I know would refer to it as "The Brig".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Whatever it's called, I would choose swords for closer proximity to the city, better public transport and way more amenities. And for the record, I call it balbriggan and mentioned the nickname because I can't understand why it's even used and have heard it recently. Never heard it called the brig, but I suppose it could feel that way if you live there and don't own a car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement