Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Takeaway

Options
  • 29-01-2016 5:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Whats the best chinese takeaway in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Whats the best chinese takeaway in the city?
    jumbo by far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Morizo

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Imperial Garden IMO. Shame they dont deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Imperial Garden IMO. Shame they dont deliver

+1 lovely food in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I like the one by the old army barracks, beside Richie Hannigans hairdressers.
    And their spicey bag is the tastiest kind of nasty, can't be good for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

longshanks wrote: »

Dragon Inn - my favourite by far.

longshanks wrote: »
    place looks manky and i'm sure they all live in the back of the place

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Kambo has the best Thai Green Curry in the city. Happy Garden is consistently lovely. Noodle Box is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Happy Garden is consistently lovely.

Although Ii can still endulge in their food, I thought they did go downhill in the last year or so. New chef maybe?

Still better than Maxim House IMHO though.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

jumbo by far

There chips have gone ****e over last few months thou.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Although Ii can still endulge in their food, I thought they did go downhill in the last year or so. New chef maybe?

Still better than Maxim House IMHO though.

Happy Garden changed ownership last year if I'm not mistaken so Id say there was a change of chef alright,

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Imperial garden is lovley but a bit expensive

Aquos76 wrote: »
    There chips have gone ****e over last few months thou.
    ye not as good as what they were but food is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

jumbo by far

Is that the one in Ballybricken?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Is it possible to get a Chinese curry in Waterford that isn't dead runny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

place looks manky and i'm sure they all live in the back of the place

You don't want to see what jumbo is like behind the counter so.. :eek:

Is that the one in Ballybricken?
    that is the one

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Silver Star at the Cleaboy.
    Special Singapore Chow Mein.
    Heaven in a carton..........

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Silver Star at the Cleaboy.
    Special Singapore Chow Mein.
    Heaven in a carton..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Imperial garden is lovley but a bit expensive

Used to be my go to place for a Chinese take away or a cheap lunch when i was living in waterford.

To be fair they are not expensive compare to others in the city. I used to get Crispy chicken Kong po and rice for like 8.20.

The place in Lismore Park next to the city arms used to be nice for the price they used to have a deal for 10 you get chicken dish, starter, prawn crackers and a can.

The worst is Noodle Box for a drunk 3 in 1 there great but for a sober take away there shocking bad. I once asked to change from chips to rice and said no to me i just said fair enough walked out and never went back.

I am now liveing in cork and the thing i miss is the take aways and food places in waterford as they where so much cheaper and 10 times better then cork. I have not had good take away here yet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I can confirm that the imperial Gardan is fantastic, had the chicken balls and sweet and sour sauce as a starter and kungpo beef with noodles as the main. The takeaway is restaurant quality

I can confirm that the imperial Gardan is fantastic, had the chicken balls and sweet and sour sauce as a starter and kungpo beef with noodles as the main. The takeaway is restaurant quality

Its coming form a restaurant so i wonder how its restaurant quality :rolleyes:.

Its coming form a restaurant so i wonder how its restaurant quality :rolleyes:.

Don't think your so smart, the take aways from eastenders or some of the other restaurants in town wouldn't be of the same standard as they would serve you in their restaurants

Don't think your so smart, the take aways from eastenders or some of the other restaurants in town wouldn't be of the same standard as they would serve you in their restaurants

I have had both takeaway and eatting in eastenders and I can't tell the difference. Just to let you know take away won't really taste the same as it's in a container for good knows how long to you eat it so won't be as fresh as when you get it on the table. Like nam tastes better fresh in eastenders then when you get a takeaway as it's maybe been cooked 30 mins before you eat it.

Also if you get a sauce depend on what you get I allway's get the sauce on the side as the food tastes better that way ;).

Still the best indain in Waterford is little India how I miss that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Blue Dragon at Norris's Corner.

I have had both takeaway and eatting in eastenders and I can't tell the difference. Just to let you know take away won't really taste the same as it's in a container for good knows how long to you eat it so won't be as fresh as when you get it on the table. Like nam tastes better fresh in eastenders then when you get a takeaway as it's maybe been cooked 30 mins before you eat it.

Also if you get a sauce depend on what you get I allway's get the sauce on the side as the food tastes better that way ;).

Still the best indain in Waterford is little India how I miss that place.

na café goa for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Blue Dragon at Norris's Corner.

Blue Jade i think you mean

Advertisement