Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees for mocks or free with medical card?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maj206

yes u do have to pay for mocks medical card doesn't cover this!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The mock exams are nothing to do with the Department or the State Examinations Commission. They are run by money making businesses and quite a lot of money they make from them too. They won't be giving any freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Never heard of this in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

My mocks begin Monday and they still haven't asked for any cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

In my school you didn't pay for the mocks but you paid something like 4-5 euro per paper for correction. There would be no way out of it unless your teachers agreed to correct them themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

sryanbruen wrote: »
    My mocks begin Monday and they still haven't asked for any cash?

Your school may be paying for the papers and the teachers correcting them. That's what my school used to do and we never asked the students for money. Still cost the price of seven or eight decent PCs that the Computer Room could have done with instead.

Advertisement