Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quay side general area opposite ONE ALBERT QUAY

Options
  • 29-01-2016 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Now that this very impressive building will shortly be officially opened with important people attending from all over the world I was wondering if there any plans to tidy up the above area which truly is an eyesore. Dont know who is responsible but as it stands it is a stark reminder between the past and present.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I agree,a total eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Am i correct in thinking that area that is fenced off is in danger of collapsing and was fenced off a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Yes,it's been in that condition for years and years.Loftus demolition would probably knock it in a few days but it's better being an eyesore.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I'm pretty sure I did read about work being in the pipeline to clean that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

I doubt work will be done before official opening in february. If City Hall is responsible you would think they would ensure the place looked OK before all the big brass arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

It's probably a fairly significant public spend and also a major bit of structural work to get that done right.

It's very dangerous in its current state though if anyone gets out onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Probably be a major scatter the week of the opening...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

AFAIK its in the building contract to fix that part too. Would be great to have a proper boardwalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

mik_da_man wrote: »
    AFAIK its in the building contract to fix that part too. Would be great to have a proper boardwalk.

I'm pretty certain it was part of the planning permission that the quay was to be developed as well.

The building's website doesn't mention the renovation of the quay side from what I can see but there's some "Finished article" images showing the quayside all fancy dan like with a deck area.

http://www.onealbertquay.com/gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

It will be fantastic if the quay renovations are part of the overall development. All parties involved do indeed move fast and they would get the job done quickly unlike other small improvements in the past to part of the quay walls which seemed to go on for ages. I appreciate it is difficult work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

I'm sure they'll put a nice big drape over it on the launch day or some temporary hedging.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

They were working on the quay this morning.

Advertisement