Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 have yee guys all your plans sorted ?

• 29-01-2016 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Hi guys just wondering have yee all your plans sorted for the summer ?
    6 of us boggers flying over but other then flights that's all we've sorted yet! Anybody know where most of the Irish will be based in Paris/Bordeaux and lile or the fanzones so as we can book a hostel/campsite hotel close to where everything is happening ? We plan on then getting the train down to Bordeaux and then up to lile so if anyone has any tips on good areas of the cities to be it would be greatly appriciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm driving four of us over, we have nothing booked, we have tickets for Iceland v Austria, we'll make plans after the draw for the tickets is made.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Flights booked to paris on the friday...applied for tickets on the portal for the sweden game. I will be in france for the two weeks so might catch another game too. Don't know how I am getting home yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Driving down from Germany for the games in Lille and Paris. Flying in and out of Bordeaux...18 hour stay.

Applied for tickets for all Ireland group games and have confirmed tickets for the Germany v Northern Ireland game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

How much is the whole thing looking to cost ya lads?

I've booked flights to Paris, I'll get the train to bordeaux where I'll camp, then flying to lille from there and finally flying home from Brussels.

The 3 flights, 10 hotel nights, 4 nights camping, train, taxis to/from airport and public transport are going to cost me around €1500. Is that good or bad?

On top of that I'll have to get tickets so if I'm not lucky with uefa I'll probably have to pay twice the face value for them off touts. And then food and drink for 2 weeks won't be cheap so that's likely another €800 at least. Bring back Poland!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    food and drink for 2 weeks won't be cheap so that's likely another €800 at least. Bring back Poland!!

You'll be lucky to get a burger in Paris for your €800.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork London
    London Paris
    Paris Boardeaux
    Boardeaux Dublin
    Dublin Cork

Friday to Monday. Cost of the travel there is €500. Hotels another €200. Then spending for 3 days. Ill do well to get out of it for €1300 all in Id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    How much is the whole thing looking to cost ya lads?

I've booked flights to Paris, I'll get the train to bordeaux where I'll camp, then flying to lille from there and finally flying home from Brussels.

The 3 flights, 10 hotel nights, 4 nights camping, train, taxis to/from airport and public transport are going to cost me around €1500. Is that good or bad?

On top of that I'll have to get tickets so if I'm not lucky with uefa I'll probably have to pay twice the face value for them off touts. And then food and drink for 2 weeks won't be cheap so that's likely another €800 at least. Bring back Poland!!

Yeah I'd say the tickets for the games in Poland probably cost me more than the accommodation and flights together.

Have flights into Paris booked but due to my idiocy in buying a single student ticket for the Germany game rather than buying the 80 quid season ticket thinking it was unlikely that we'd be in the playoffs I'm not optimistic about the ticket chances.

Bring back the portal I say! (presumably they are?)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

We're flying to Brussels train down to Paris then looking into hostels for 6 night's in paris or else going with airbnb train down to Bordeaux then and train up to Lillie no tickets accomsdation or flight home sorted yet :P plan is night in Brussels 6 in paris 2 in Bordeaux 3 in Lille anybody know fan zone information are you aloud bring your own beer into them ? I presume they will be very strict with what you can bring with you due to the recent terrorist attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

We're flying to Brussels train down to Paris then looking into hostels for 6 night's in paris or else going with airbnb train down to Bordeaux then and train up to Lillie no tickets accomsdation or flight home sorted yet :P plan is night in Brussels 6 in paris 2 in Bordeaux 3 in Lille anybody know fan zone information are you aloud bring your own beer into them ? I presume they will be very strict with what you can bring with you due to the recent terrorist attacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

There doesn't seem to be a lot of obvious places to stay in bordeaux. We have some shítty free cancellation places booked but I assumed there'd be an alright choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yeah.... seems to me to be a good time for a holiday far far away from Europe......

• Can only afford the Italy Match, hopefully we are still in with a chance to qualify by then.

Flights sorted - Heading to Paris then train to Lille
    Accommodation sorted (4 star :D)

Fingers crossed on the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Ireland v Sweden: Fly into Amsterdam, one night there, then train to Paris the morning of the game. 1 night hotel in each.
    Ireland v Belgium: Fly into Paris, train to Bordeaux, 2 nights in Bordeaux then back the same way. €800 all in.

I wont make the Italy match unfortunately - Ive a baby due a few days later, so I have a self imposed cutoff of 20th June :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Ireland v Sweden: Fly into Amsterdam, one night there, then train to Paris the morning of the game. 1 night hotel in each.
    Ireland v Belgium: Fly into Paris, train to Bordeaux, 2 nights in Bordeaux then back the same way. €800 all in.

I wont make the Italy match unfortunately - Ive a baby due a few days later, so I have a self imposed cutoff of 20th June :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Flying into Amsterdam on the 10th, train to Paris on the 12th, train to Bordeaux for the Belgium game for 4 nights then up to Lille for 3 nights. Probably fly home from Brussels or Amsterdam then. Have flight over and accommodation booked but have to sort a flight home and the trains still. I'm budgeting about €2k - €2.5k all in. Lets hope the ticket portal is kind to us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Right well good to see what i've spent is way over what appears to be the norm.
    I feel better now.
    Flying into Amsterdam on the 10th, train to Paris on the 12th, train to Bordeaux for the Belgium game for 4 nights then up to Lille for 3 nights. Probably fly home from Brussels or Amsterdam then. Have flight over and accommodation booked but have to sort a flight home and the trains still. I'm budgeting about €2k - €2.5k all in. Lets hope the ticket portal is kind to us...

I seem in a similar price range to you. $1500 for all travel and accommodation over 2 weeks and then daily food and drink costs will probably be €800-1000.

I might go the vodka from the supermarket route and 1 or 2 pints instead of 8 pints through out the day at rip off prices.

Advertisement