Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirroring to Apple TV

• 30-01-2016 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

I'm having issues with mirroring my Mac screen to my Apple TV.

- Everything is on the same network
    - I can Airplay from my phone to my Apple TV
    - On the Mac I can Airplay videos from iTunes to the Apple TV
    - I can play a video in Safari and Airplay that to the Apple TV
    - I can mess around with my sound settings so that I can play a video in VLC and the sound comes through my Apple TV

But I can't seem to mirror my display to it at all. I've checked the Display settings and there is a checkbox that says "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" but there is no dropdown allowing you to select the Apple TV.

And in the menu bar at the top of the page there is no icon allowing you to mirror your display.

I've been googling for a little while now but haven't come up with a solution. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Edit: After more searching I realised I had thought I had a 2011 MBP, when in fact I have a 2010 MBP which would explain the missing Airplay icon. Mystery solved.

Advertisement