Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi issues - can a device cause restarting?

Options
  • 30-01-2016 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

I've noticed for the last week or so that my router is intermittently dropping, and restarting. This is annoying, because it usually happens in the middle of a game or a netflix stream. I'd been on to eir tech support and had logged a fault with them (we'd checked the splitter, too)

This evening it worked alright while a device was out of the house, but started acting up again once it came back, and so I got to thinking could this individual device be confusing the router in some way and causing a restart?

Details - Router is typical eircom zyxel model. 8Mb service (usually find hovering around 6-7). Running a laptop, an android device and an iphone 5s as well as occasional visiting devices - the thing I think is the problem is the iphone.

Can I change a setting in how the iphone connects? Could the devices be competing for a single channel?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Shouldn't cause a reboot no, but it could cause your connection to stall if it decided to download with multiple connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I think it did, a software upgrade on the iphone did seem to help but I can't be sure - I only had that for a day before the good people at eir replaced the router.

Advertisement