Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bank Bar reopening?

• 30-01-2016 4:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

See the blinds up and a work van bringing stuff in
    Seen this facebook page listing it has an event venue

https://m.facebook.com/thebankbuilding/

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The information on the page is as follows:
    The Bank Building is a unique working environment. The shared workspace occupies three floors, where open and flexible layouts allow Residents to collaborate with their own teams, and network with other like-minded professionals.

agus
    We will be using our page to showcase our office interior, and collecting examples of other great office and shared office examples worldwide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Sos it rent a office space.Seems ott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

There are photos online of what it looks like, I'll try find the link. It looks well.

Edit: Got distracted. Here is the link http://www.officelovin.com/2015/12/08/a-tour-of-teckros-new-beautiful-office/

Prob get office space much cheaper.
    Seems wasted to be an office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It was originally a bank for donkey years, it was only a bar/restaurant for a few years and that was hardly successful once the fickle new pub crowd moved on somewhere else. I'd rather see it done up and prospering as an office than boarded up waiting for someone else to take a chance on opening it as a bar. That part of town just doesn't have enough footfall for a bar these days.

The only negative I see is that it's a shame they didn't spend a bit of money tidying up the outside of the building.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Hi OP, the Bank is currently the offices of a new tech start up called Teckro.

http://teckro.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Hi OP, the Bank is currently the offices of a new tech start up called Teckro.

http://teckro.com/

Hipster office space lol
    At least not empty is it a listed building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

bazz26 wrote: »

The only negative I see is that it's a shame they didn't spend a bit of money tidying up the outside of the building.

Agree. It still looks like it is a closed down pub. Shame really but hopefully they do something with it at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I hope they do something with the exterior! It looks awful at the moment! There are literally weeds going from the building! If they want to make themselves known they should do something with the front!

Right now it looks like it is abandoned!

• Advertisement

It has a facebook and twittet page
    And its getting alot of retweets
    Is it a rentable office space or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

bigpink wrote: »
    It has a facebook and twittet page
    And its getting alot of retweets
    Is it a rentable office space or what?

Yes. Hipster "creative hub" type place

They must getting grants to fix the building or is it a hipster vanity project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

It's the 3/4 guys who set up Firecrest Clinical in Limerick out in Corbally about 10 years ago, moved to Plassey and sold the company to ICON Plc.

They took a few years off and now they're back and is their new business

It's the 3/4 guys who set up Firecrest Clinical in Limerick out in Corbally about 10-15 odd years ago, grew the company, moved to Plassey, sold it to ICON Plc for a pretty penny and moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

slinky2000 wrote: »
    It's the 3/4 guys who set up Firecrest Clinical in Limerick out in Corbally about 10-15 odd years ago, grew the company, moved to Plassey, sold it to ICON Plc for a pretty penny and moved on.

So they have set up a technology Company called Teckro and are based out of there but are also renting out extra office space that they have?

So they have set up a technology Company called Teckro and are based out of there but are also renting out extra office space that they have?

Certainty looks like it. I don't work for them or anything but I think they're generally interested in developing Limerick and the companies/start up's it can attract and have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Ya they've done up the whe building and will be renting out the extra office space they have short term until they start expanding at which time they will start renting out less space until they've expanded to fit the building or out grown the building.

I know I said a few weeks ago in another thread that they needed to do work on the outside and they have started this I think it's just taking time as work was done on the signs recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

slinky2000 wrote: »

Good luck to them, they have brought a lovely building back to life.

I remember reading about that company, ICON hired over a 100 people last year in Castletroy...I did't realise it was those guys!

Strange choice of building if they plan to expand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

bigpink wrote: »
    Strange choice of building if they plan to expand

It being a bank, they will be expanding into "fiscal space". This an infinite realm of possibilities lying tantalisingly close to our world but accessible only by true visionaries.

Advertisement