Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma TV issue. Help please

Options
  • 30-01-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    My TV doesn't seem to be receiving hdmi signal.
    I have the Ariel going in through a signal changer thing for the sat then a walker saorview box. It is then connected to the TV in coax and hdmi to the TV.
    I also have a cyclone on a hdmi to the TV
    When I switch the TV on I get reception from the sat input (which is running through the saorview)but not from the saorview (on hdmi 1 and coax) or cyclone TV. Just dead screen
    Any idea what I can try or anyone who would fix it?
    It's a Panasonic 50 plasma viera with dual turner. About 8/9years old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

gerfmurphy wrote:
    Hi all My TV doesn't seem to be receiving hdmi signal. I have the Ariel going in through a signal changer thing for the sat then a walker saorview box. It is then connected to the TV in coax and hdmi to the TV. I also have a cyclone on a hdmi to the TV When I switch the TV on I get reception from the sat input (which is running through the saorview)but not from the saorview (on hdmi 1 and coax) or cyclone TV. Just dead screen Any idea what I can try or anyone who would fix it? It's a Panasonic 50 plasma viera with dual turner. About 8/9years old

Hi, this is confusing, when you say Ariel going into a signal changer what do you mean? What signal is bring changed

You mention getting a satellite reception but it's connected through saorview

If you have a dual set top box.
    It should have four leads, it should tune in satellite and saorview signals and deliver both over one cable to the TV over hdmi. The TV should just be set to the hdmi input connected to the walker box

1) power
    2) the coax input connection from an aerial to provide saorview
    3) the coax input connection from a dish to provide sat
    4) The HDMI output connection to the TVs hdmi 1

The walker box should show up on hdmi regardless of the sat or saorview connections being correct or not. This would be something to establish, if it does then your TV is fine.

If you have this then the switching between Sat and Saorview is carried out using the walker dual set top box remote control

I understand you have some other signal changer bit of kit, but your satellite reception through saorview connection is confusing me.
    Maybe I'm missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Hi
    Sorry for the confusion.
    The terrestrial aerial and the sat aerial comes into the house and the signal is split around the house. It goes through the sat box there.
    I have a eye that changes the station on the sat box on each TV.
    So,on the TV that is giving trouble ,the co ax goes through the eye then into the saorview. It is a basic box just TV and radio
    It's out put is a hdmi that goes to the tv in hdmi1 and to a dvd player the DVD player attached to the tv on scart
    I have a cyclone box that is on hdmi2
    Using the tv I have sat reception and DVD player reception but not saorview or cyclone box.
    I hope that clarify a it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Understand, neither the cyclone or the Walker box show up on HDMI

The satellite cable is now just down the coax so straight into the TV and not part of the issue as its working like the DVD.

It that case it does not sound great.

Are the hdmi sockets built into the TV, or were they an expansion card, I've had these before and it was a nightmare.

Have you checked the cyclone box out elsewhere on a work TV with HDMI at least rule out two faulty input device

I have not tried the cyclone box and saorview on another TV. But I will later.
    The hdmi is not showing either Device.

The hdmi ports are part of the TV in the back. Not an attachment of any type.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭cml387

Sounds like it's a problem with the HDMI circuits in the tv, and from a search it seems you may not be alone.
    Not good news I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi,

In same position....my sat receiver burned the HDMI hub in my Panny.
    Found a repair shop in Malahide that can repair it in 3-5 days at a reasonable price.

Didn't had the time yet....
    I can let you know the name,ssome brothers shop on the Malahide Road,beside Pet Store.

Good luck

The crowd I bought it off said they would have a look at it. They are pretty decent so will see how it goes.
    Thanks for the replys guys.

Advertisement