Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1916 prison records

Options
  • 30-01-2016 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi we've recently discovered the my great grandfather volunteered in the Marrowbone lane Garrison in The Easter Week Rising we have found his signature on the Easter Week Rising but would love more information on this. I've found a number of names that were sent to Stafford Prison but when I looked up the UK prison archives none of the names came up which means that down information is missing. I'd also love any photos that might exist is anyone could point me in the right direction? Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭keano89

tink2 wrote: »
    Hi we've recently discovered the my great grandfather volunteered in the Marrowbone lane Garrison in The Easter Week Rising we have found his signature on the Easter Week Rising but would love more information on this. I've found a number of names that were sent to Stafford Prison but when I looked up the UK prison archives none of the names came up which means that down information is missing. I'd also love any photos that might exist is anyone could point me in the right direction? Many thanks!

For 1916 prison records a good place to start is the Sinn Fein Rebellion handbook, that lists all those who were in internment after the rising. Also don't be surprised if the name is spelt incorrectly as I found out myself.

Advertisement