Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels/Bnbs in Edinburgh

• 30-01-2016 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone could recommened a hotel or bnb in edinburgh? A lot seem old fashioned

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What kind of thing are you looking for? (Or, alternatively, do you have a link to an example of something that's not what you're looking for?) Do you have a particular area in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

Well near the city centre I suppose..going over June bank holiday so alot of the hotels are already booking up. Just wanted advice on a place if anyone has stayed there before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Stayed in the Ibis near tron square. Top notch and very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Only been there once but stayed in the MacDonald Holyrood which is at the bottom of the royal mile. Really nice hotel, modern enough with bar and leisure centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭bren2002

I can recommend the Balmoral but you might think it's old fashioned though. Try the malmaison for something more modern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Relatively cheap place right next to Waverley: http://www.motel-one.com/en/hotels/edinburgh/hotel-edinburgh-royal/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There are absolutely tons of hotels in Edinburgh, it's just as easy to say "a lot are modern".

As per the above list, you can add:

The Sheraton
    Travelodge (2 close to city, either end of Princes St)
    Le Monde,
    Lulu
    The Rutland
    There's a brand new one at Haymarket too, but the name escapes me.
    Premier Inn (Express and normal), all pretty much within a 4minute walk to Princes Street

Does it have to be a hotel/B&B? I rented out a beautiful apartment in Grassmarket when I was there last May.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Does it have to be a hotel/B&B? I rented out a beautiful apartment in Grassmarket when I was there last May.

Grassmarket's a good spot to be, and there are a few hotels around there too. I've not stayed in any of them but there's a Novotel and Premier Inn nearby, as well as a couple of hostels.

Advertisement