Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reseeding small estate garden

Options
  • 30-01-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am only newish to the garden scene. Anyway, I staretd renting a new estate house last year during the winter. In the last year I have been busy with work etc so never paid much attention to the garden. Im home a good bit now and want to get the agrden in order so my son can have a nice lawn to play on.

The problem is the grass is very patchy in places, even during the summer. But the major problem is down at the back along the wall. The oil tan is one corner and the burner in the other corner - both along side the wall. With the rain at the moment the whole back becomes flooded but very flooded around both the burner and oil tank.

What is the best solution to relive the water here and let more grass grow. I went out yesterday with a fork and pierced a few holes in the ground to see if that relived the water. Is it just a matter of planting new grass seeds or a lot more than that? Or will I have to get sand or change the soil etc?

Any help would be appreciated as id like to get the garden in order as the weather begins to turn :)

Advertisement