Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing the audio stream on a video file

Options
  • 30-01-2016 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

I have 2 versions of a TV series episode, 1 is english audio but is incomplete due to a torrent not seeding 100%. The other is complete but has Italian audio only. Both are .mkv format. I'd like to put the english audio onto the complete one instead of the Italian.

What's the easiest way to do this? Would something like Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas do it or is there an easier way?

I don't care what the output format is, as long as I can play it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Windows Movie Maker should be able to handle this but you might need to convert the videos to something it can understand.

Handbrake can handle the conversion end of things.

Both programs are free.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Don't bother with any sort of converters - they take forever and are lossy.

You need to demux the files to split them all into separate audio and video files, then remux the parts you want back into a single file. Lossless, and should be quick.

MkvToolNix will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

maki wrote: »
    Don't bother with any sort of converters - they take forever and are lossy.

You need to demux the files to split them all into separate audio and video files, then remux the parts you want back into a single file. Lossless, and should be quick.

MkvToolNix will do the job.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Advertisement