Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crunchie

Options
  • 30-01-2016 2:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Why does Cadbury Crunchie say
    DO NOT REFRIGERATE
    in big letters on the wrapper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

snubbleste wrote: »
    Why does Cadbury Crunchie say
    DO NOT REFRIGERATE
    in big letters on the wrapper?

They tend to go very hard when in the fridge. Could that be the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

To avoid claims from peoples teeth falling out! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I seem to remember Crunchie insides going liquid-y and horrible years ago, and that may have been because we put them in the fridge. I never noticed that on the wrapper...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Doge wrote: »
    To avoid claims from peoples teeth falling out! :D

Could be. The similarly named crisps/snacks "crunchos" supposedly changed recipie to make them softer to stop people breaking teeth. The old hard ones were lovely.

RMyczE2.jpg

found this

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120807095611AA6VW0r

Crunchie is especially sensitive to both high and low temperatures and should ideally be kept between 13 - 22 (max. 26)°C for optimal ‘Crunchie-ness’. Storing it in the fridge can also alter the texture of the honeycomb due to the damp environment causing it to go hard and sticky. We would advise that the bar is best stored in a cool, dry environment.
    Source(s):
    Cadburys
    me · 1 year ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Would be like a solid block if you put it in freezer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

It actually goes weirdly gooey in the middle.

Advertisement