Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brokers do home contents insurance?

• 30-01-2016 3:43pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need a home contents insurance that covers me for an engagement ring and some fairly expensive camera equipment - but I need cover for all risks, outside of the home and overseas when on holidays etc.

I only need the contents as I rent where I live. Who should I try? I got a quote from Blue insurance but hoping a broker can try all the others without me calling them all...

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Any broker should be able to give you quotes. Not sure if a domestic policy will cover you when travelling abroad, that's normally covered by travel insurance but any broker will be able to advise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Zascar, Nicola here from the Bank of Ireland Talk to forum.

As you’re renting the property it’s possible to arrange ‘contents only’ cover and you'll also have the option to add cover for unspecified items or to specify individual items that you want to cover.

You can get some more information here.

If you’ve any questions feel free to drop by our Talk to forum here.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Hi Zascar,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I'm in a similar boat and hoping you are now in a wiser position. Any advice for someone looking at the same question?

Advertisement