Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother can't afford to maintain her house

Options
2»

Comments

pablo128 wrote: »
    I have to say, that is good advice. There is a fair bit of work available in that field.

There is if you have the qualifications. It's bloody hard work and many a hard working woman has ended up crocked after a few years. You need to have a car and the upkeep on that alone costs a fair whack. I don't mean to diss your suggestion, just pointing out the pitfalls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

This is Accommodation and Property ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Op, have you looked into the House Repair Scheme available through the City Council? There are substantial grants available. Usually covers windows, doors, roofs, insulation, heating. May be well worth a try.

I've been reading.

Max grant is €8000, and you have to use C2`d contractors, not mates rates. And the grants are managed by the council based on need / health: I'd guess a diagnosis of something incompatible with work will be needed in most areas.

No help in this situation.

Advertisement