Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses Moycullen-Galway

Options
  • 30-01-2016 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi I was wondering if someone could inform me on bus services from Moycullen to Galway? The internet wasn't very helpful...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I searched "moycullen bus" and found this http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425994290-419.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

MRDJR97 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if someone could inform me on bus services from Moycullen to Galway? The internet wasn't very helpful...

Did you try www.a-b.ie ? It's the definitive source for all licensed public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Citylink Clifden bus is good option OP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Did you try www.a-b.ie ? It's the definitive source for all licensed public transport.

That's an interesting site. Sometimes I see my bus due in 12 minutes down town outside the Abbey. I wait. Then it disappears. I curse myself for being a fool.

Do you use that site yourself while you are out and about? Is it the same source as the signs over the bus stops? Is it reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Getthere.ie is decent aswell

• Advertisement

bobbyss wrote: »
    That's an interesting site. Sometimes I see my bus due in 12 minutes down town outside the Abbey. I wait. Then it disappears. I curse myself for being a fool.

Do you use that site yourself while you are out and about? Is it the same source as the signs over the bus stops? Is it reliable?

The journey planner on the site reliably tells you what services are licensed to run at particular times/places.

The real-time app is a whole different beast. I'm convinced that the only Galway bus route that it provides actual information for on a reliable basis is the 403. All the others are hit and miss, usually based only on the timetable not on the actual bus positions.

The journey planner on the site reliably tells you what services are licensed to run at particular times/places.

The real-time app is a whole different beast. I'm convinced that the only Galway bus route that it provides actual information for on a reliable basis is the 403. All the others are hit and miss, usually based only on the timetable not on the actual bus positions.

Do bus stops in the city have numbers? Having difficult with a-b. I find the real time a disaster in the city. The Abbey, I think, doesn't even have a bus stop, but I may be wrong.

All bus stops have numbers. But they're 5-6 digits long and not well publicised.

Real time is shyte on most Galway city routes. 403 is the only one where I've found it reliable. Occasionally works on 405 and 401, but not always. Never that I've seen on 409. And I don't catch others enough to have a solid opinion on the.

And as you say, there's something odd about it and the stop outside the Abbey - even though there's a real-time sign there. I've never figured out exacly what's going on though.

Use www.a-b.ie for timetables only, IMHO. I've very good for that.

All bus stops have numbers. But they're 5-6 digits long and not well publicised.

Real time is shyte on most Galway city routes. 403 is the only one where I've found it reliable. Occasionally works on 405 and 401, but not always. Never that I've seen on 409. And I don't catch others enough to have a solid opinion on the.

And as you say, there's something odd about it and the stop outside the Abbey - even though there's a real-time sign there. I've never figured out exacly what's going on though.

Use www.a-b.ie for timetables only, IMHO. I've very good for that.
    Waited for the Rahoon bus at the Abbey when it flickered between 1 minute and Due for about 10 minutes. I decided to walk and as I arrived at my destination the Rahoon bus passed me by. I felt good about it actually as I had got my exercise in.

Setyh? Yes

Advertisement