Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map of County Fingal

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's brilliant - I didn't know they had interactive maps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dslamjack wrote: »
    .. and the huge area it covers.....
    To put it into perspective, Cork County Council manage an area 16 times the size of Fingal. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Tnk Wish,compared to Cork we're tiny all right,but we're the second largest populated county in the state.
    I thought I'd put up the map,because a lot of people thought,that Fingal mainly constituted the coastal area from Portmarnock up to Balbriggan.
    A lot of people including myself did't know it extended westward's as far as Lucan and just this side of Leixlip,taking in the northern bank of the Liffey.
    From Howth ,Sutton and Baldoyle, large part's,Santry Ballymun ,Finglas,Blanchardstown and Clonee,etc ,sure ye live and learn.
    Maybe the mod's could put a locked map in the locked thread's section,so visitor's and interested parties would have instant access to it,on opening the NCD forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Anyone see any 161 F cars yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Wrong thread, londonred.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

The biggest surprise for me is that much of Santry is part of Fingal!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I always thought that Ikea & charlestown shopping centre were Dublin City

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

The boundary in Ballymun is Ballymun Cross,there used to be an old shop and further down the Jet petrol station, known as Joe maxi's (maxwell).
    Santry ave one side Fingal the other Corporation ,now D.C.C,down to Santry Cross at the post office/Swiss Cottage and across Coolock lane.
    In the old day's of the holy hour, there was the Boot Inn on the Ballymun/Naul rd or Kealy's on the Airport rd ,once ye went through Santry Cross.
    Dubber cross and cottages,actually the top of oakwood rd/jamestown road was the boundary and down as far as the northway house pub ,now gone ,where the M50 roundabout is now I think.
    The Ballymun parish extended out as far as the Airport runway and like wise with the Finglas parish went as far as Kilshane cross if my memory serve's me,the good auld White House ,great pint and grub,not for getting the Brock Inn,like the Boot Inn ,Fingal's hidden gem's.

Advertisement