Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft's SKYPE hates holidaymakers

Options
  • 30-01-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Microsoft does not like you leaving home , and when you do they send you e-mails about unusual sign-in activity and they block your hotmail account until you fish a security code from a proper e-mail like gmail.
    As they own SKYPE , the anti travel has spread.
    I don't use Skype often , but often use it when travelling. I signed in last week before a trip to Zurich and topped up by €10- , didn't take long. But my €10 was not credited to my Skype account. Today I looked into it and found that when I signed in to Skype last week , I took the option "sign in using microsoft account" , and travel-hating microsoft opened a new account for me, I don't remember ticking any t&c's etc.
    What a waste of time today , transferring the €10 and closing the account, and a waste of time and money while travelling.
    Warning "sign in using microsoft account" wont land you in your pre microsoft acount !

Advertisement