Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Subject Choice for Medicine

Options
  • 30-01-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have to choose my subject choices for leaving cert next week. Im really focused to do medicine in college but I am worried about my subject choices.
    I was thinking
    •German
    •Biology
    •Chemistry
    •Home Economics and also as a plus one •Religion

I am worried that I won't be able to get the points I need for medicine with these subjects as they are very hard to get really high marks in. I'm just wondering what subjects are the best for that course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 David1997

I know it's months later but I only just came across your thread. Your subject choices sound good. I'm currently studying to do my LC this June and I chose the wrong subjects at the time (only biology, doing geography instead of chemistry..why?:/ ) but there's ways around it, i.e. the 6 year med course in NUIG.

Biology and Chemistry are obviously the right choices. A language is essential for most universities and German is quite easy to get good marks in. Home Ec. I'd say go for it if you really like it, I'm doing Economics and I find it's mostly common sense and I rarely go below an A1. Subjects like Agricultural Science and Agricultural Economics may be easier than Religion to get high points in (may have to do them outside of school), and ag. science has a bit of an overlap with biology.

I know you're probably thinking what good is this to you now that you've your subjects picked but if you want to change your choices then I'm sure your school will do their best to accommodate you so that you don't make the wrong choices.

Anyway, if you're going for medicine I assume you'll have no problems with the subjects you've picked! Good luck

Advertisement